Who We Are:|
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Engineer II, Antenna Integration & Test
What You´ll Do
This position encompasses antenna element and antenna-related component testing of hardware on programs in the Tactical Solutions business area.
What You´ll Need
- You will provide a single-point interface for all test issues relating to an antenna program.
- Under general supervision of a senior-level Test Engineer, you will design test processes for antennas and antenna-related RF components, including writing test plans and procedures.
- As a team member, you will contribute to completion of milestones within specific projects and provide potential solutions for a variety of technical problems.
- Prepare and give presentations to peers/management/customers.
- Provide new business support in the form of proposal writing and/or cost/schedule estimation for test activities.
- Interact with technicians, peers, senior-level engineers, business development, management.
- BS in RF Engineering or a related technical field plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Desire and capability to test in a hands-on, fast-paced team environment.
- Familiarity with budget, schedule and planning for performance and environmental testing.
- Ability to interpret and monitor test results, maintain required test engineering logs, and provide input for test summary reports.
- Hands-on experience using test & measurement equipment for testing and troubleshooting antennas and antenna components.
- Understanding of test processes including defining test strategies, creating test plans, writing test procedures and implementing through execution and fault resolution.
- Knowledge and test experience using test automation applications and tools such as LabVIEW.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- Applicants selected may be subject to a Government Security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
This position requires a current favorable Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI). Some positions will require completion of a polygraph examination. * U.S. Citizenship Required.
Relocation: Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED Equal Opportunity Employer Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.