- Responsible for the installation, maintenance and enhancement of numerous hardware platforms in support of CenturyLink’s Internet and high speed data offerings.
- Due to the highly technical nature of this position, continuing technical education is required.
- Contact with customers and users outside the department and outside the Company are expected.
- An aptitude for problem solving is required, along with the ability to prioritize an ever-changing workload.
- The economic impact of this job to CenturyLink can be substantial. Failure to perform at acceptable levels may result in significant loss of revenue for CenturyLink and substantial legal liabilities. Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other related field or the equivalent in training and experience.
- Minimum four (4) years work experience in systems administration specific to Internet and high speed data servers and technologies.
- Willingness to work overtime, twenty-four (24) hour call as needed, and travel when required.
- Experience with one or more server scripting languages.
- Experience communicating effectively, verbally and in writing, with technical and non-technical personnel.
- Experience analyzing and resolving service and hardware issues with minimal supervision.
- Four (4) or more years of UNIX and/or Linux systems administration experience.
- Experience working with internal and external customers to ensure superior levels of service to customers.
- Industry certification in UNIX, Linux, or Microsoft Windows® systems.
- Four (4) or more years of experience with packet capture tools and associated troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with authentication applications (i.e., RADIUS) and related databases (i.e., MySQL).
- Experience configuring and maintaining security on various operating systems.
- Experience with LDAP administration.
- Experience with SNMP monitoring and management systems.
- Strong documentation habits and project management skills.
- Four (4) or more years experience with systems administration such as DNS and LDAP Company Statement CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future. Disclaimer The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
CenturyLink - 2 years ago
CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services...