Currently our Honolulu office has a job opportunity for a self-motivated mid-level (6-10 years experience) licensed engineer to join the office. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a small, growth-oriented professional consulting office. Candidate will work with senior technical staff on various civil, and environmental related projects.
This person will provide support on a variety of engineering projects including water and wastewater treatment, stormwater, solid waste and infrastructure design projects. Specific duties may include the following:
- Conduct technical evaluations to support planning and design related to water systems, storm water, solid waste pumping systems, piping systems, wastewater treatment systems, and water treatment systems
- Prepare and review technical memoranda, reports, drawing, specifications, and miscellaneous contract documents and deliverables
- Supervise and coordinate the work of others on projects; ensure proper and timely execution on projects
- Provide marketing and technical support during the procurement and execution of key projects and work with other team members to help build and lead the engineering business
- Ability to successfully manage clients and projects and interface with Brown and Caldwell’s local, regional, and national water and wastewater practitioners as well as help mentor junior staff as applicable
- Good technical skills with the ability to articulate ideas and concepts both visually and contextually are required
- Candidate should be versatile and interested in working on a variety projects supporting Engineering Services
This position is subject to a pre-employment background and drug screen.
- B.S. degree in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Environmental; M.S. degree preferred
- Professional Engineering license in the State of Hawaii required
- Engineer with 6-10 years of increasingly-responsible experience in the design and construction of site infrastructure, plant facilities, pumping stations, pipelines, and engineered systems. DoD experience is a plus.
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills required
- Candidate should be a self-starter, results-oriented and be able to work under tight deadlines
- Previous business development experience (writing winning proposals and successfully pursuing work) is a plus
Brown and Caldwell - 11 months ago
Brown and Caldwell is headed straight to the gutter -- to clean it up. The employee-owned firm provides environmental consulting and...