The Senior Engineer designs and develops Utility Equipment products to meet the following objectives:
Safe, reliable, and efficient products that meet customer requirements.
Product design is capable of being economically manufactured and profitably sold in a competitive worldwide market.
Completion of the development projects on time within budget.
Integrate technologies in product and development processes
The Senior Engineer is also responsible for all other engineering activities, including sustainment, for all assigned products, as well as providing support to the Product Engineering Manager as required.
- Manage Engineering resources including direct reports and indirect reports within scope of assigned responsibilities. Assist in planning development activities, budget, and capital expenditure.
- Manage all assigned activities to stay within the budget.
- Ensure that an area of responsibility fully complies to and supports the ISO 9001 procedures established for the division.
- Manage new product development programs with overall responsibility for commercial success. Lead cross functional teams consisting of engineers, designers, drafters, technicians, and other multi-discipline members from the division. Integrate novel approaches, analysis, design, assembly, testing, manufacturing processes, and procurement and supplier consideration to develop safe, cost effective, and reliable world class products that meet customer requirements.
- Ensure that product design/changes reduces asset base.
- Promote team work and develop exceptionally good working relationships with team members from other departments (Manufacturing, Marketing, Purchasing, etc.).
- Integrate their input to ensure program success.
- Maintain excellent project documentation, prepare and present management reviews, conduct design and all other major reviews as per division and corporate schedule and procedure.
- Provide timely support in all areas to ensure successful product launch. Initiate studies of new and existing designs to incorporate new cost-effective technology in the product to maintain competitive edge and meet the annual cost reduction pla
- Relentless effort to resolve all warranty and field problems expeditiously.
- Plan and manage the activity to maintain and update the current product to meet customer expectations and requirements.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of competitive products, conduct analysis and detail evaluation of competitive products. Take actions to keep ahead of competitors.
- Provide support to Manufacturing, Marketing, Customer Service, Procurement, and Quality Assurance departments on current and potential future products and derivatives.
- Assist Product Manager in all activities to achieve the departmental and organizational goals.
The Senior Engineer provides leadership for Engineering projects and technical issues.
The minimum requirements include:
- A record of success in previous leadership position for major Engineering programs.
- Successful completion of the Professional Engineering Examinations and PE registration is desirable but not required.
- Ability to command profession
Engineering-Electrical - Bachelors Degree -OR- Engineering-Mechanical - Bachelors Degree .
5-10 Years Experience
Doosan Infracore International - 11 months ago
Doosan Infracore is carving its own niche as one of the world's largest construction equipment makers. Part of Korea's Doosan...