NEP, headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is the #1 provider of total broadcast solutions in the growing live sports and entertainment markets throughout the U.S. and U.K. The Company designs and delivers customized, mission-critical mobile broadcast services to its clients through superior engineering expertise, innovative technologies and state-of-the-art equipment that is the largest and most diverse in the industry. NEP’s experienced team of engineering professionals and
its relentless dedication to its clients’ success have resulted in longstanding relationships with many of the world’s largest and most influential television networks, production companies and live event organizers.
Founded in 1986, NEP pioneered the evolution of the live broadcast industry by recognizing the value it could provide to clients by providing a greater level of engineering expertise and service than could be provided in-house. Since its inception, NEP has developed a unique, complementary set of capabilities by leveraging its talented professionals, developing in-house technologies and solutions and executing strategic acquisitions. NEP’s unparalleled engineering expertise, service and scale have positioned the Company as the only provider capable of delivering the required level of service for some of the highest profile live sports and entertainment events. NEP also provides production services and control room functions for entertainment events and unscripted broadcast programs such as The Tonight Show with Jay Leno . With a track record of consistently delivering the highest quality of service, NEP is regarded as the industry’s ‘gold standard’. NEP’s blue-chip client list includes all of the major U.S. networks and cable channels, Sky Broadcasting in the U.K., as well as entertainment programs such as The Daily Show and Conan O’Brien .
NEP has a winning culture that aligns the team around a common Purpose focused on achieving client satisfaction, employee satisfaction and financial growth. This Purpose is supported by strong company Values centered on delivering superior service.
The purpose of this position is to plan, design and operate productions at NEP Studios.
- Manage the technical operation of a studio facility working with staff and clients
- Develop operational efficiencies, cost control strategies, and flexibility for client responsiveness.
- Work with staff to develop and upgrade all studio equipment
- Supervise repair and maintenance of the technical facilities.
- Identify hardware and labor costs for maintenance and client driven capital projects. Manage projects to hit the budget targets.
- Other duties as assigned.
(should not seek to do over 50 lbs. without assistance).
- Avid Certified/Avid Pro Tools
- B.S./M.S. in Engineering preferred however a combination of education and experience will be considered.
- 3 years of experience working in television production technology with progressive managerial responsibility.
- Demonstrated knowledge of studio engineering, technology, equipment, facilities and production.
- Must be able to interface and communicate well with both clients and staff.
- Must be w illing and able to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs., and willing to seek assistance for anything over 50 lbs.
NEP Broadcasting, LLC - 2 years ago