Engineer Planning and Cost Reduction Diffusion
- Job Summary:
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking highly skilled and motivated Equipment Planning Engineers to become part of our state of the art 300mm factory in Malta, New York. This position will be responsible for planning of gasses chemicals and precursors, consumables, PM parts, test wafers and engineering supplies and coordination of major tool events such as major PMs and support system PMs. Individuals will work within the manufacturing group at GLOBAL FOUNDRIES 300mm Malta, NY Semiconductor Fab.
•Manage projects with focus on cost savings
• Plan tool parts, spares and consumables
• Monitor and assist with cost control within the module.
• Plan and schedule significant tool events
• Drive coordination with manufacturing for test wafers
• Ensure coordination with facilities on chemical forecasts and demands
• Equipment parts consumption planning and forecasting.
• Equipment parts inventory efficiency and reduction
• Preparation of purchase orders, collection of relevant documents, and entry of projects in Oracle or appropriate software
• Support the capital expense process
• Support tracking and control depreciation data
• Assure proper documentation of assets
• Generate, track and support of purchase orders, Invoice verification
• Drive cost reduction projects
• Monitoring of expenses and budget forecast planning
• Support of the financial acceptance process: administration of documents
• Update and track blanket purchase orders
• Coordination and support of cost reduction projects
• Consumable and non consumable usage tracking and project coordination
• Bachelors Degree in Science, Mathematics or Business Studies related field.
• Minimum 5 years experience in an engineering capacity in the Semi-conductor industry with particular focus on planning and cost reduction activities.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, energetic and self starter.
• Demonstrated ability to work well within a global matrixed team or environment.
• Outstanding communication skills - both written and verbal.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization and experience in working with external constituencies.
• Strong organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs.
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).
GLOBALFOUNDRIES - 14 months ago