GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking highly skilled and motivated process engineers to become part of our state of the art 300mm factory in Malta, New York. Along with a team of engineers, process technicians and maintenance technicians you will be responsible for maintaining the quality and process capabilities of a highly automated, wafer fabrication facility. These positions are on a compressed work shift. (12 hours day, 3 days working, 4 days off, 4 days working, 3 days off). Individuals must be willing to work any shift.
At the moment we are looking for committed engineers for Contamination Free Manufacturing (CFM) area, also refered to as defect metrology.
- Coordinate with Manufacturing Engineering to review daily goals/priorities, project statuses, and qualification timelines.
- Support engineering and development activities to achieve the desired WIP turns and cycle time goals.
- Learn and become a system expert on department manufacturing equipment.
- Work on continuous improvement projects to optimize processes with regards to process stability and wafer yield.
- Help establish and execute specific department plans and strategies to support the fab to achieve manufacturing KPIs. These include cycle time, line yield, OEE (overall equipment efficiency)….etc.
- Participate in a “Continuous Improvement” program and follow “Lean Manufacturing” practices in the department to improve productivity and cost effectiveness.
- Support Fab8’s efforts in building a world class organization, achieving manufacturing excellence and establishing a team based collaborative culture.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics or other relevant engineering physical science discipline is required
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, energetic and self starter
- Outstanding communication skills - both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization and experience in working with external constituencies
- Strong organizational skills along with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business need
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments
- Individuals will be and must be able to understand complex automated systems and human interactions.
- Individual must be well versed in all Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint …).
- Preferred is an MS Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics or other relevant engineering physical science discipline
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).
GLOBALFOUNDRIES - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard