At TASC we are committed to advancing our customers' missions and creating a safer world. See yourself designing the next vital solution to get ahead of evolving cyber threats or advancing security efforts to protect Americans at home and around the globe.
TASC is seeking a SharePoint Developer to join its team of experts supporting a client based out of Fort Meade, MD. The developer will: help build, customize and standardize sites and workflows be responsible for the development, testing, fielding, and maintenance of the web utilize advanced knowledge of MS SharePoint 2010 and web enabled programming such as .NET (VB and or C#).
The individual filling this position will primarily be customizing and integrating web parts, workflows, and requirements to include creating master pages and style sheets to best map capabilities from various sources and create work flows. The developer will evaluate requirements, designs and develop software tools and document changes.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
At a minimum the Database/Application Developer should have sufficient relevant industry certifications and experiences that demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Create site collection, site, sub site, document library as necessary.
- Create and manage permission groups as necessary.
- Customize and standardize sites and sub sites as necessary.
- Create custom workflows.
- Implement appropriate controls as indicated by the business requirements (data retention, permissions, etc.).
- Work with user community to define requirements for new capabilities and then implement the solution.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by responding to service requests in a timely, accurate, and professional manner.
- Research, evaluate, recommend, and implement on-line knowledge based applications for faster response to problems.
- Provide knowledge transfer to team members by conducting training sessions, writing documentation, and providing one-on-one mentorship.
- Knowledge transfer by including team members in the day-to-day work of building and maintaining the environment.
- Establishes the needs of users and monitors user access and security.
- Monitors performance and manages parameters to provide fast query responses to front end users.
- Maps out the conceptual design for a planned database in outline.
- Assists in refining the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model.
- Installs and testes new versions of the database management system.
- Writes database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary.
- Controls access permissions and privileges.
- Develops, manages and testes backup and recovery plans.
Join us and see your engineering and technology expertise help address the nation's most pressing and complex challenges. For nearly 50 years, TASC has worked on the front lines with our customers on missions that strengthen security and safety and protect the basic values of our society. TASC provides systems engineering, integration and decision-support services to the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense and civilian agencies of the federal government. TASC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
- integrate multiple subscriber based databases into single user interface
- project long-range requirements for database administration and design
- create and maintain a comprehensive database for the Olathe office.
- supervise, install, operate, administer, and maintain database management systems.
- proficient in the development of structures and standards for use and maintenance of the database management system.
- collaborate with the Network Specialist to ensure efficient access of the database.
- monitor performance of the database management system and restructure as necessary.
- proficient in ensuring database access and connectivity support.
- provide performance tuning of database systems for query and data loading performance, including data partitioning, indexing, etc.
- design, implement and document database back-up and recovery processes.
- gather and analyze requirements for database systems, including data modeling, performance and scalability requirements, and data security.
- proficient in implementing database maintenance and security procedures including adding and removing users, and administering quotas.
- proficient in defining and enforcing database design and management standards and document new and existing database systems and procedures.
- liaise with users to ensure that the database meets their requirements.
- perform information assurance (IA) procedures to include data backup and recovery procedures.
- requires a TOP SECRET clearance. Individual must possess or be able to obtain, a TS clearance.
Founded in 1966, TASC, Inc., helps solve complex national security and public safety challenges by providing advanced systems engineering,...