Oxy is seeking a motivated candidate to fill the role of Reservoir Engineer. The successful candidate in this position will be responsible for development and exploration drilling, implementation of waterflood projects, recompletions and other workovers, and support of local business development opportunities. The position also requires developing full field forecasts, booking and tracking reserves; and working closely with geoscientists, reservoir engineers and operations to devise field development plans, drilling locations, associated economics and injection requirements.
- Duties involve identification, justification, and implementation of reserves-bearing opportunities.
- Identify and implement business unit improvements to enhance organizational performance.
- Short and long term production forecasting, reserves estimation and reporting, and support of annual budget and
- Supporting projects through proposal and approval processes.
- Cooperatively works projects in conjunction with other disciplines, geophysicist, geologists, land personnel and other engineering disciplines.
- Practical economic analysis of existing prospects along with technical analysis.
Thorough understanding of practical petroleum economic theory
Demonstrated ability to forecast reserves using multiple techniques for conventional and/or unconventional plays
Broad understanding of Pressure/Rate Transient Analysis theory and application.
Ability to make technically sound decisions and recommendations with less than perfect or incomplete data sets.
Ability to work closely with geophysicists, geologists in identifying infill and outset drilling locations.
Proven success in identifying and executing value-added projects
Identify bypassed pay and make economic and technical recommendations for capital recompletions.
Display strong knowledge of reservoir engineering concepts and applications
Possess effective technical presentation and writing skills.
Ability to work effectively in a multi-discipline team environment
Good problem solving skills, time management skills, communication skills, and established drive for results.
Functions well in team-based environment; can effectively establish and maintain peer relationships
Is/becoming comfortable when dealing with ambiguity
Capable of handling multiple jobs simultaneously
Capable of sharing knowledge with others
Bachelor of Science degree in petroleum engineering or related engineering discipline
A minimum of 3 years experience in reservoir engineering
Additional Desired Qualifications:
Strong analytical and computer skills / familiar with computer programining
Ability to work with large dataset / familiar with database manipulation and/or SQL
Occidental Petroleum - 4 months ago
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company — one of the largest...