Engineer Systems Test 3
United States-California-San Diego
US Citizenship Required for this Position
Relocation assistance will be available
Number of Openings
Design, configure, and maintain all aspects of a heterogeneous networked computer environment. Provide a reliable environment on which users can perform their statement of work. Install, upgrade, and maintain computer systems and applications on UNIX, LINUX, Windows XP and Server 2003/2008 computers. Create and maintain a data disaster recovery plan. Perform Server backup administration Using Symantec Netback up. Create and maintain Microsoft Active Directory infrastructure using Centrify. Perform system software installations, routine maintenance, security, system monitoring, backup, and configuration control. Maintain excellent relationships with the customer as well as with members of the immediate organization. Document the physical environment and its changes. Shift work and overtime as required.
BS degree with a minimum of 5 years of related experience. The following are required qualifications:
- Ability to quickly analyze, isolate and fix problems with servers, PCs and peripherals.
- Experience administrating and developing MS Access databases using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
- Windows XP/Server 2003/2008 System Administration and network management.
- Experienced performing server file tape backups.
- Experienced using CISCO network switches, hubs and media converters.
- Basic understanding of the OSI model.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP.
- Experience using PING, TRACERT, FTP, TELNET, DOS, and HyperTerminal applications.
- Linux/UNIX system administration experience
- Proficiency with RedHat 5.x operating system
- Experience with Oracle Weblogic and Directory Services
- Experience with firewall configuration (Cisco ASA preferred)
- Familiarity with security hardening methods and tools, including DISA Gold Disk
- Active TS Clearance
BS in Computer Science or other closely related engineering discipline. Other desired skills and experience include:
Ability to quickly analyze, isolate and fix problems with servers, PCs and peripherals. Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
- Sun Solaris
- Microsoft Active Directory administration
- Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Perl and csh automation scripting
- DOD Automated Data Processing Equipment (ADPE) custodian duties.
- Experience creating and modifying Visio diagrams.
- Experience administrating MS SQL databases.
- Experience developing HTML and ASP web pages.
- Experience installing and configuring Microsoft IIS.
- Experience with Unix and Solaris version 8 or later.
- Experience with Red Hat LINUX 5
- Experience with Symantec Netback Up (Formally VERITAS Netback Up)
- Experience with Network troubleshooting tools i.e. Wire Shark, Solar Winds Engineering Tool kit.
- CISCO IOS experience.
- CISCO 5000, 4000,2000 series switch administration.
- Symantec Antivirus administration.
- Symantec Ghosts imaging software.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...