General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable Unmanned Aircraft Systems and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Engineer to support Flight Technology Performance within our Poway facility.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Independently perform all stages of the Fluid-dynamic, Thermodynamic and Heat Transfer design and optimization process within Flight Technologies Department.
- Generation of computational meshes and performing CFD analyses using standard commercial and/or governmental mesh generators and CFD codes. The latter includes monitoring convergence of both steady state and transient simulations.
- Generate reports, specifications, memos, and sketches of the obtained CFD results and present them verbally in meetings and phone-conferences to all level employees and customers.
- Development of CFD tools for process compression to enable CFD to be used in the design stages by non-CFD experts. This includes writing journal files and scripts for batch processing of geometry creation, meshing, analyses and post-processing.
- Implement physics models into the CFD tools to expand their capabilities.
- Compare CFD results to wind tunnel and flight test data, in order to validate and calibrate the analyses performed.
- Assist employees in- and outside Flight Technologies with usage of generated results. Mentor less experienced engineers.
- Desired candidate will have demonstrated a track record of increasingly complex technical assignments and g ood knowledge of fluid- and thermodynamics, and experience with either commercial (Fluent, CFD++, CFX, STAR CCM+), governmental (Overflow, USM3D, FUN3D), or Open source (OpenFoam) CFD. as well as b asic knowledge of a CAD system (ProE, Catia).
General Atomics - 9 months ago