CLARCOR Air Filtration Products, a CLARCOR Company, is one of the world’s foremost manufacturers of air filtration products for the commercial, industrial and institutional markets.We are currently searching for a Character Driven Engineer & Maintenance Manager for our Corona, CA Plant. They will be responsible for the direction and supervision of plant engineering and maintenance activities.
• Directly manages Maintenance Supervisors and Project Manager.
• Preparation and adherence to a department annual operating budget.
• Preparation of specific project engineering budgets and estimates.
• Tracking project costs.
• Coordination with the Project Management department to ensure value engineering, cooperation and harmony on all design build projects.
• Advises management on methods to maximize return on capital investment and determines economic justification for investment.
• Manages all aspects of the design stages of approved projects and ensures all necessary approvals, both corporate and statutory, are procured as required.
• Develops detailed and accurate time and material project costs.
• Manages the site capital annual budget. Provides periodic reporting to management and to site employees regarding the status of capital projects.
• Coordinates continuous systematic planned improvement.
• Provide leadership and guidance for the maintenance team.
• Work closely with the maintenance group as required ensuring all equipment operates as efficiently and safely as is possible.
• Ensure the efficient daily operation of all plant equipment and infrastructure. Proactively identify changes/additions to plant preventative maintenance programs to assure ongoing equipment operations.
• Assists in an advisory / oversight capacity with all Maintenance Dept. capital projects.
• Ensure adherence to safe policies, procedures and practices.
• Deal with suppliers and vendors.
MINIMUM PRIOR KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• BS in Engineering, preferably Mechanical or Electrical.
• 5+ years experience as an Engineer.
• Prior supervisory experience
• Training in fluid mechanics, mechanical operations, and refrigeration. A good working knowledge of electrical wiring/controls and PLC programming is highly recommended. Plant Engineer Maintenance Manager at times becomes the go to person, identifies and corrects equipment failure issues.
• Proven track record of handling multiple projects.
• Working knowledge of industry codes and regulations.
• Strong organizational, analytical and planning abilities combined with practical business sense.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Requires outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively with all employees and managers.
• Project management experience.
• Experience in Capital Expenditure development, justification, implementation and administration.
• Strong interpersonal, teambuilding, and communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills with high degree of initiative and flexibility.
• Experience in safety administration.
• Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Auto-Cad and Access.
• Proven ability to define performance measures related to the business and hold subordinates accountable for the same.
• Must be comfortable at giving and receiving open feedback.
• Desirable traits include: proactive, change agent and strong sense of urgency.