The Engineer provides engineering expertise and technical direction for increasing the accuracy and productivity of Ameren Missouri electric meter processes.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide technical and administrative support for the investigation, troubleshooting, and resolution of problems relating to all areas of electric revenue metering.
- Provide support to all Ameren Missouri in the application of electric meters and instrument transformers including engineering design, installation, programming, shop testing, and field testing.
- Support the application of meter software programs, including the updating of meter programs, for electronic programmable meters.
- Provide metering database administrative support, including the management of improvements to database software and testing of new database and software revisions.
- Provide technical and administrative support for the implementation and use of automated metering devices, including cellular devices.
- Provide technical assistance for the resolution of problems for all systems related to meter reading. Provide general support for the billing systems as related to the metering areas.
- Provide technical review and approval for bi-directional metering systems used for solar and wind generation systems to ensure these systems are accurately metered and meet all safety requirements for Ameren personnel working on or near these systems.
- Provide back-up supervision of Meter Shop Personnel when normal supervision is not available.
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Three or more years of experience in electrical engineering required with meter engineering experience preferred. Other equivalent electrical engineering job experience may be considered (i.e., Distribution Engineering, Power Engineering, etc.).
Other: Good decision making, analytical, communication, and human relations skills required. Experience with relational databases and/or SQL is preferred.
Salary: . Date posted: 07/25/2013
- Technical Career Path Level depends upon applicant's credentials.
PowerPlantPro - 4 months ago