Ameren Illinois is a regulated electric and gas delivery company based in Collinsville, Illinois. Our service territory spans 43,700 square miles, or about three-quarters of the state. Every day, we deliver electricity to 1.2 million electric and 806,000 natural gas customers in more than 1,200 communities in central and southern Illinois.
The Engineer performs system planning and circuit analysis of distribution circuits 69kv and below and develops remediation plans as needed; performs project engineering and project management duties in order to complete plans, designs, cost estimates, and construction of electric and gas distribution facilities with emphasis on safety, reliability, cost effectiveness, and customer satisfaction. Key responsibilities include:
- Plan, design, cost estimate, budget and manage projects related to new business, reliability, government highway or local road projects, system growth, and essential maintenance for the electric and gas systems.
- Provide engineering assistance and technical support to field engineering representatives and other Division personnel. Perform power quality/trouble shooting analysis for customers' facilities.
- Meet with residential and commercial customers, architects, contractors, and other appropriate contacts to determine actions needed to fulfill customers' requests. Provide customers with information regarding rates, lighting, wiring, NEC, and NESC code interpretations, and other service requirements and needs.
- Perform engineering and design of electric and gas extensions or modifications in response to customer service requests, including: determining the impact of additional loads on the existing electric distribution system; securing of permits and rights-of-way; and performing post-construction follow-up.
- Prepare load analysis for electric distribution substations and feeders and develop remediation plans for facilities that warrant corrective action.
- Perform work within various company computer systems, such as DOJM, MV90, EADMS, CSS, DEW, Load Analysis, OAS and Byers.
- Work with division team members to enhance safety, reliability, cost effectiveness, and customer satisfaction.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of department and division goals. Identify and implement improvements in processes and operations to control costs and improve productivity.
- Participate in special projects or tasks, including emergencies, as required.
- Emergency call-out for storm restoration.
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (Electrical preferred, other engineering disciplines acceptable depending upon qualifications) from an accredited college or university required. E.I.T. (Engineer-in-Training) certification or P.E. (Professional Engineer) registration preferred. The completion of power-related courses in college is preferred.
Experience: Electrical engineering and project management experience preferred, but will consider recent graduates.
Other: Must be self-starter with attention to detail and possess problem-solving, decision-making, communication, and human relation skills. Must have good analytical skills, and advanced computer skills. Must be adaptable and flexible, ability to work effectively as part of a team and also independently.
Salary: . Date posted: 11/21/2013
- Technical career path level depends upon applicant's credentials.
- 19 months ago - save job
AmerenEnergy Fuels & Services provides fuel and energy-related products and services for Ameren and its affiliated operating companies....