Ameren Missouri is part of St. Louis-based Ameren Corporation, generating almost 10,500 megawatts and serving 1.2 million electric customers in Missouri, including 127,000 natural gas customers. Our 4,000 employees account for more than one third of Ameren's 9,000 total workforce, and our service area covers 63 counties and more than 500 towns, including the greater St. Louis area.
The Engineer is responsible for developing, planning and executing projects and providing technical expertise on generators, exciters and associated electrical equipment designs, equipment inspections, as well as testing and/or repair projects on this equipment within the Ameren fleet. Key responsibilities include:
- Develop engineering solutions, cost and schedule estimates, maintenance and repair specifications, coordination, liaison, and administrative functions related to fleet wide generator/exciter systems.
- Determine maintenance requirements and operational standards or limits, plan and direct maintenance outages and testing, and coordinate projects involving generator/exciter equipment and related systems.
- Perform testing, validate models and provide documentation to meet all generator/exciter regulatory requirements.
- Provide engineering assistance to the companies Energy Centers and other departments within the company on activities requiring experience and expertise with generator/exciter systems.
- Interface with industry contacts and outside corporations, including consultants, contractors, and their employees.
- Monitor industry practice regarding operation and maintenance of assigned equipment.
- Develop, revise and review innovative opportunities that improve generator/exciter systems and expand the organization's current business.
- Introduce and assist with special projects, special studies and reports.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or comparable engineering discipline from an accredited college or university required.
Five or more years of power plant engineering and/or maintenance and operations experience at fossil and/or nuclear plants preferred. Experience with maintenance and operations experience of generators/exciters is preferred. Will consider recent graduates.
Must possess good analytical, communication, computer, human relations and leadership skills. Travel between power plants and the Power Operations Service Training Center required. Position is subject to call-outs, nights, weekends and/or holiday work as well as overtime requirements to support the Energy Centers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Technical career path level depends upon applicant's credentials.
Salary: . Date posted: 03/26/2014
- 14 months ago - save job
AmerenEnergy Fuels & Services provides fuel and energy-related products and services for Ameren and its affiliated operating companies....