Position Summary :|
The Product Engineer Senior level in Production Engineering has responsibility for product engineering, design, improvements, modifications, and specifications. The Senior Product Engineer performs engineering analysis and design calculations. He/She assists other departments to resolve problems in manufacturing, quality, and assembly. He/She assists Sales in preparation of quotes and in answering customer inquiries. Is consulted by others in the Engineering Department for engineering analysis.
- Under general supervision, assume responsible charge for assigned projects and products; ensure correct application of engineering principles; and arrange for productive use of resources.
- Plan for the timely completion of assigned work.
- Understand the nature of the job or assignment, its specifications, application, engineering and design requirements, and manufacturing limitations.
- Submit design layouts, calculations, and other analysis to appropriate Engineering personnel for review and approval.
- Check designs for compliance to job specifications; design function; adherence to applicable codes and standards; safety of assembly, maintenance, and operation; method and manufacturability; method and ease of assembly; appropriate materials of construction; loads and stresses due to assembly, testing, and operation.
- Enlist the cooperation of other individuals and departments as needed to complete projects, improvements, or other assignments with the consent of affected supervisors.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area, and keep all job information orderly and properly filed.
- Provide engineering services and direction in assigned product areas.
- Assist other departments whenever engineering considerations arise.
- Work with the Assembly department to quickly resolve any assembly problems as they arise.
- Advise applicable supervisors and/or departments of technical, application, or logistical problems.
Processes and Tools:
- Produce clear and accurate detail drawings and/or design layouts on CAD system.
- Prepare Bills of Materials as required with applicable tools.
- Prepare and/or approve Engineering Change Orders and Bill of Material Change Notices as required.
- Prepare and/or approve design pages for the Engineering Standards and Practices manual as needed.
- Understand applicable codes and standards.
- Maintain and develop technical and other job skills.
- Improve knowledge of drafting practices, product responsibilities and improve CAD proficiency
- Stay current on OSHA safety training and observe safe work habits. Report unsafe conditions. Encourage others to follow safe work practices.
Each individual should become familiar with the safety regulations, and take personal responsibility for following them to ensure personal safety as well as the safety of their coworkers.
It is the responsibility of each employee, within their job responsibilities, to provide quality products, documentation, services, supervision and training, in accordance with Flowserve’s Quality Assurance Manuals, procedures, drawings, regulatory requirements, etc., aimed at achieving sustained organizational success and customer satisfaction.
Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Engineering from four-year college or university and five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Possess a broad knowledge of mechanical engineering core principals, practices, and procedures. Competent in Computer-aided-design. Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing practices. Familiarity with pneumatic and electro-pneumatic control instruments and control valves. Communicate professionally and with accepted business etiquette; work well with people in other departments and with customers.
Beneficial Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of software used at facility including Microsoft Office products, Cadra, SolidWorks, Simulation, Oracle, etc.
Working knowledge of engineering materials and manufacturing processes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally be able to stand; walk; and/or reach with hands and arms. The employee must also occasionally lift fifty pounds or less. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; color vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
Mostly general professional office environment. Occasionally requires work near moving mechanical parts and/or exposure to fumes or airborne particles. Typical noise levels for this job are moderate.
Flowserve is pumped about flow control equipment. After reorganizing in 2010 the company operates through two segments. Flow Control...