Performs all building maintenance tasks as assigned and all preventative maintenance tasks as required. Answers radio calls and responds to guest room and public area calls in a prompt and professional manner according to standards.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- General mechanical aptitude and at least one year building maintenance experience or construction experience is required
- Physical demands
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to perform mechanical maintenance tasks, handle or feel objects, tools, and controls; talk and hear
- The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms and to climb on scaffolds and ladders.
- The employee is frequently required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs., and to move objects up to 100 lbs.
- Computer skills - none
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform general repair and / or maintenance on the following including but not limited to:
- Minor plumbing repairs or maintenance on faucets, lavatories, water closets, and valves
- Replace flush valves and faucet seats or washers and shower valves or heads as required
- Pull toilets and replace wax rings and grouting as required
- Troubleshoot and repairs minor TV problems, telephone and internet problems as required
- Troubleshoot and repairs problems with electronic door locks and safes
- Repair minor carpet tears and burns as required & wall paper repairs
- Replace light bulbs and repairs minor lighting problems
- Replace pulls and knobs and aligns drawers, repairs other minor problems on cabinets and furniture.
- Clean and / or replaces air conditioning filters.
- Repair minor problems with entrance and closet doors.
- Painting and pressure cleaning assigned areas
- Grounds Maintenance
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks as assigned
- Perform any other general building maintenance tasks as assigned
- Attend department meetings
- May be required to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned. The employee is expected to work in other areas of the hotel when needed to assist operations to perform job duties not necessarily contained in this job description
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
If you need a bed for the night, Hilton Worldwide (formerly Hilton Hotels) has a few hundred thousand of them. The company is one of the...