Perform preventative and repair maintenance work to ensure hotel is maintained according to established quality and sustainability standards while treating guests in a warm and friendly manner.
Potential Career Path
Chief Engineer – Engineering Supervisor – Chief Engineer – Area Chief Engineer
- Conduct room inspections and identify repair needs.
- Install or repair sheet rock and other wall coverings.
- Paint designated areas and items.
- Install and replace basic electrical fixtures, replace light switches, receptacles, light bulbs and fixtures.
- Repair furniture.
- Install, replace and program televisions.
- Perform minor plumbing functions.
- Replace and repair heating and cooling pumps as well as preventative maintenance on units.
- Trace and repair all types of water lines.
- Troubleshoot and repair kitchen equipment.
- Maintain repair and preventive maintenance records.
- Perform and maintain work to local, state and Federal codes.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Work as a bell attendant in the event of staffing shortages or during peak check in/out periods.
- Follow Service Recovery Guidelines.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipmentand comply with MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma and Trade school course work in
related field preferred.
- Previous engineer/maintenance experience or equivalent training required.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, kneeling, stooping, crawling and climbing.
Hersha Hospitality Management
- 2 years ago - save job