Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our 162,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. In 2011, Corporate Responsibility Magazine recognized Johnson Controls as the #1 company in its annual "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com. JCI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and as such does not discriminate in its recruiting and selection process based on disability or handicap status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please call our Talent Acquisition Hotline at (414)-524-8999 and press option #0.
- Execute strategy/tactics to establish Johnson Controls as the global leader in Automotive Seating Comfort.
- Active member of trained Expert Panel for consistent product evaluation of Static/Dynamic Comfort and Ergonomic/Intuitive functionality.
- Develop strategic relationships with internal/external customers to enable effective collaboration and consistent evaluation ensuring execution & confirmation of product requirements.
- Develop and implement plans aligned with seat development process for assigned programs to establish and achieve target performance.
- Apply Basic Engineering Principles throughout development cycle. Provide design direction / issue resolution to teams based on subject matter expertise / knowledge documents, best business practice, customer requirements, team evaluation, test results, consumer data, and predictive tools.
- Initiate, coordinate, and process prototype sample testing and evaluation to develop performance confidence prior to design release.
- Support internal and customer confirmation activities/Ride & Drives for prototype samples. Required to develop capability for running and troubleshooting comfort tests.
- Support expert sign-offs, design reviews, and other program team meetings to proactively drive target achievement.
- Lead team projects to capture lessons learned, define best engineering practice, develop knowledge documentation, and ensure continuous improvement
- Support partnerships with internal cross-functional groups to improve technology portfolio.
- B.S. Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering, M.S. preferred (Biomechanics, Ergonomics, or Vibration)
- 3-5 years in automotive product development engineering
- Seating, Human factors, Ergonomics, and Prototype Testing experience preferred. •Must be proficient with basic PC applications; desired ability to read and manipulate CAD files (CATIA, AutoCAD).
- Good project planning, time management, presentation, and team work skills required.
Automotive Experience North America