Pall is a Fortune 1000 materials science and engineering company with the broadest filtration, separation and purification capabilities in the world. Our process and product enabling technologies help our customers make good products better, safer and even possible. We provide innovative products to customers in health care, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, semiconductor, municipal drinking water, aerospace and industrial manufacturing markets. Headquartered in Long Island, NY, Pall has operations in every major country.
Pall Corporation is seeking a talented and motivated individual ready to develop technologies and products that will become the next generation of filtration and separation products for Pall Industrial’s Machinery and Equipment business. The primary area of focus includes leading the development cycle for new filtration and separation products and technologies for M&E. Responsibilities include:
- Spreadsheet analysis of data, report writing, and design software applications.
- Developing and maintaining detailed project schedules in MS Project.
- Project management with demonstrated ability to execute development tasks from conceptual design, analysis, manufacturing, and qualification testing within time and budget requirements.
- Leading R&D and cross-functional teams through a comprehensive stage gate process.
- Strong analytical skills and good knowledge in the areas of stress analysis, fluid dynamics, and product-specific calculations.
- Familiar with basic aerospace, industrial, MIL, ISO, SAE, and NFPA filter element, material, and design specs.
- Comfortable reading blueprints, familiar with ASME and ISO drawing dimensioning and tolerancing standards. Familiarity with GD&T a plus.
- Ability to work well as a team member in a group environment.
- Experienced in manufacturing techniques and methods.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Design and develop technologies and product to conform to customer specifications and requirements, within the project schedule and budget.
- Develop and maintain detailed project schedules that include a work breakdown structure and resources.
- Use engineering tools including CAD / FEA modeling software and basic analysis tools as required.
- Perform dimensional tolerance analysis, fluid flow calculations, and basic stress calculations.
- Interface and collaborate regularly with Marketing, Product Engineering, SLS, Operations, Supply Chain and suppliers during the course of developing new products.
- Maintain established project schedules throughout the design cycle, within budget and time constraints.
- Participates in the organizing and coordinating work flow through the R&D and cross-functional support organizations (Engineering, SLS, Purchasing, Operations, etc.) for product development related activities including fabrication and development of prototype hardware.
- Present project updates, gate meetings, and reviews to senior management as required.
- Participate in regular team meetings with respect to department and project development activities.
- Participate in periodic project risk assessments and prepare mitigation plans as required in relation to product development and launch activities.
- Strong fluid dynamics and solid mechanics skills
- A basic understanding of chemistry and material science at a minimum
- Ability to work with limited information and deal with ambiguity
- Familiarity with Hydraulics system design is preferred.
- Systems Design background is preferred
- Experience taking a product through development life cycle is preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or protected veteran status or marital status. US Citizenship or Resident Alien status required to support government programs and projects
- B.S. or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related field
- 3+ years in a product development / technology role
Pall Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or protected veteran status or marital status.
Pall Corporation - 8 months ago
With operations around the globe, Pall is not small. The company operates two businesses globally: Life Sciences and Industrial. The Life...