REPORTS TO: Engineering Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: NON-EXEMPT
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for an Engineer at the Greater Columbus Convention Center. This position performs routine and extensive preventative maintenance and repair procedures on SMG-GCCC managed buildings, mechanical equipment and utility systems. This position will also serve to assist the Operations Crew with set-up changes as needed.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Building Inspections and Preventive Maintenance:
• Daily inspection of all aspects of the facility including operating systems to detect malfunction and/or needed repairs.
• Complete routine preventive maintenance for sprinkler system, engine room, diesel generator, message boards, monitors, elevators, air-handling and HVAC systems and pumps.
Skilled and Semi-Skilled Maintenance and Repair:
• Perform painting, flooring, carpentry, plumbing, masonry glass repair, roofing and construction as directed.
• Provide ground maintenance to include snow removal, landscape duties, painting of parking areas, etc. to maintain aesthetic quality of the facility.
• Provide telephone line installation, telephone maintenance/repair and trouble-shooting of telephone operating system.
• Lubricate and clean machinery and mechanical systems.
• Install and maintain electrical wiring equipment and fixtures.
• Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers or other components.
• General repairs to Food & Beverage equipment.
• Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical gear, generators, distribution panels, motors, building systems, etc. up to 480V.
• Knowledge and skill to work with electrical gear, generators, distribution panels, motors, building systems, etc. up to 480V.
• Installation and removal of show sets.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to read and understand schematic diagrams.
• Maintain written daily activity log.
• Request, compare and advise most cost effective purchasing.
• Initiate Purchase Requisitions.
• Maintain sub-contractor and vendor records and other data as required to support and verify payments and documentation of work performed.
• Maintain, monitor and adjust Building Management System.
• Maintain strong working relationship with outside contractors and vendors.
• Equipment operation to include forklift, aerial lift, snow removal equipment power tools and associated equipment.
• On-Call status for building emergencies and inclement weather responsibilities.
• Assist Operations Crew as directed.
• Respond to promoter requests and event requirements.
• Complies with all OSHA regulations. Ensures facility is in compliance with same.
• This position requires physical labor, including lifting up to 50 lbs, walking, standing or bending for extended periods of time.
• Maintain a clean, safe and non-hazardous work environment.
• Follow all lockout and tag out procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the ability to perform all essential duties and responsibilities in a satisfactory manner. Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a reliable form of transportation. This position requires a High School Diploma or GED.
• Ability to work under deadlines dictated by event schedules and project timetables.
• Skilled and semi-skilled maintenance and repair in carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, Mechanical and Electrical.
• Ability to work independently.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration and may be sent to:
Greater Columbus Convention Center
400 N High Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215
No Phone Calls
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D