Job Overview: Performs maintenance and repairs to guestrooms, bathrooms, furniture, public areas, and back of the house areas of the hotel. Performs minor carpentry, electrical and plumbing maintenance, repairs lamps, vacuums, and other electrical appliances within capability. Performs preventative maintenance on HVAC, laundry equipment (if applicable), guestrooms and common areas. Coordinates with outside contractors and works with supervisor in ordering the necessary supplies, tools, etc. for property. Maintains maintenance repair par stocks.
1. Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English (speak, read, write) with guests, co- workers and management to their understanding.
2. Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision
3. Two years prior experience in maintenance/engineering specific to electrical, plumbing and carpentry repair. .
4. Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with co-workers and the public.
5. Must be able to use a ladder with no restriction
6. Must have a CFC license
7. Ability to wok under pressure and complete assignments on time when confronted with stressful, emergency, critical or unusual situations.
Essential Job Functions:
· Perform minor glass, window and mirror repairs.
· Perform minor electrical repairs such as lamps, small appliances, removal or placement of telephones, etc.
· Perform minor carpentry repairs.
· Perform minor door and lock repairs such as: hinge replacements, replacement of broken locks and maintenance of key inventory, etc. as needed.
· Maintain and repair all floors and floor coverings such as carpets, ceramic tiles, etc.
· Perform minor plumbing repairs such as: leaking faucets and valves, etc.
· Perform minor repairs to the boiler to include: preventative maintenance checklist, cleaning filters, checking pumps and circulating oil/grease, checking temperature, replacement of couplings and thermostat when necessary, etc. Air compressors, ice and refrigeration machines
· Maintain and repair hotel equipment such as: vacuums, floor polishers/carpet shampooers, maid carts, etc.
· Maintain and repair all kitchen and laundry equipment to include: preventative maintenance checklist for filters, oil and grease motors, etc.
· Perform minor repairs to HVAC to include: replacement or repair of switches, fan motors, thermostats, etc.
· Maintain supply of parts and repair tools.
· Respond to maintenance requests from hotel guests.
· Use proper safety measures when operating any equipment, according to OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
· Knowledgeable of hotel fire and emergency procedures.
· Successful completion of the training/certification process.
Joie de Vivre Hospitality - 6 months ago
copy to clipboard