Area of Interest:
Environmental & Infrastructure
The Shaw Group provides premier engineering, design, construction, and maintenance services to government and private-sector clients in a wide array of industries, including the energy, environmental, infrastructure, and emergency response markets.
Performs a variety of engineering work in the initial planning and design phases of projects. May also support procurement and construction phases or projects with engineering knowledge and experience. Performs other duties as required.
- Work activities include collection and interpretation of engineering data, development of project design basis, development of specifications, and performance of detailed engineering.
- Ensures conformance to applicable engineering codes and standards as well as company policies and procedures.
- Chrome remediation, remedial investigation work plans, remedial investigations, remedial action work plans for remediation of contaminated sites.
- Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline.
- Works independently with minimal guidance.
- Usually determines own work priorities.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Applies knowledge and skills to a wide range of standard and nonstandard situations.
- Interprets customer needs, assesses requirements and identifies solutions to non-standard requests.
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal/external business issues to improve products or services in own discipline.
- Monitors and controls costs within own work.
- Solves moderately complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions.
- Manages own time to meet agreed targets; develops plans for short-term work activities in own area.
- xplains difficult issues and works to establish consensus.
- Must have 5+ years of relevant experience in environmental.
- Requires Bachelors or Masters Degree in Engineering
- Project Management experience a plus.
- Prefer local candidates to the Jersey City area.
Shaw Group - 24 months ago
The Shaw Group is one of the world's largest power plant engineering and construction contractors, as well as a top environmental...