84 Lumber is seeking an Engineered Wood Designer for our stores. This is position is responsible for completing design work assigned by the Design Manager, and responsibilities will include:
- Reading and interpreting blueprints.
- Ensure designs are accurate, optimized, and conforms to standards.
- Request sealed engineering drawings and/or repair details and follow-up to ensure complete when necessary.
- Generate EWP placement layouts for final construction.
- Generate and provide accurate pricing for estimating purposes.
- Aid in training of new employees when required.
- Provide job-site support, with the aid of sales department, when requested.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and structural blueprints.
- Ability to calculate tributary loads, concentrated loads, and load transfer through a building.
- Ability to operate a computer and current software used by company.
- Knowledge of current local codes associated with EWP design.
- Good written and oral communication skills are required.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to deal courteously with customers, co-workers, and construction personnel.
- Good math skills including, but not limited to architectural units, fractions, geometry, and basic trigonometry.
- Associate or 4-year degree
- 2+ years experience in design
84 Lumber Company was founded by Joe Hardy in 1956 in the town of Eighty Four, Pennsylvania, where the original store continues to operate...