Job Title: Engineering Controls Technician
Functional Area: Maintenance & Repair
Location: North Carolina-Greensboro
Country: United States
Employment Status: Full Time
Ecolab Quick Service Restaurants and Global Food Retail is the leading global supplier of cleaning and sanitation products, programs and services to national quick serve restaurants and grocery chains. Known as 'Your Food Safety Experts', our mission is to provide a cleaning and sanitation program that helps ensure our customers have clean, food-safe environments while delivering savings to their bottom line.
The Engineering Controls Technician will be responsible for utilizing electrical, mechanical, and troubleshooting skills to maintain production equipment in proper working condition and running to maximum efficiency. The incumbent will also be responsible for installing new equipment and ensuring it runs within specifications.
- Utilize electrical and computer skills to program PLC and Servo controls for production equipment, ensuring that it is running in the most efficient manner possible.
- Troubleshoot any issues related to PLC/Servo/HIM and make the necessary repairs.
- Assist in developing Scope of Work.
- Assists in developing specification for the new equipment and process.
- Works with vendors obtaining quotes bases on a RFQ and Specifications.
- Ensure that new equipment is properly designed, laid out and installed according to machine and plant specifications.
- Conduct equipment testing (FAT/PAT) to ensure that it continues to meet job specifications.
- Review and ensure optimal process design and continuous improvement in a variety of production processes.
- Handle all aspects of project management for new equipment installation, including timelines, costing and design review.
- Manage daily tasks of contractors.
- 10+ years of experience in maintenance within a high-speed production environment.
- 5+ years of experience with electronic and PLC based applications in an industrial environment.
- 5+ years of experience with tools, procedures and methods utilized in an industrial maintenance environment.
- 3+ years of experience in Project and Contractor Management.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience working in a Lean manufacturing environment.
- Formal vocational training in plant maintenance activities with an emphasis on industrial applications or equivalent.
- Basic computer literacy, including skills with Microsoft Office and JDE.
- Able to work in difficult situations such as confined space, heat and elevated places.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment with demanding and odd hours.
AutoReqId : 30058BR
Ecolab - 14 months ago
A trusted partner at more than one million customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies...