The person in this position will work on multi-discipline project teams to provide computer-aided drafting expertise using AutoCAD. Typical duties may include working closely with engineers to create, update, and revise drawings of structural, civil, or mechanical systems and visiting project sites to gather information for project drawings. The work will be primarily related to industrial processing facilities, power plants, refineries, and other heavy industrial facilities.
NOTE: The position may involve field visits to client sites, including industrial processing facilities, power plants, and other heavy industrial facilities. Appropriate safety training will be provided for the work at industrial sites.
- Two-year technical certificate or experience/coursework directly related to the job responsibilities described above
- 0-5 years of design/CAD experience
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with multi-disciplinary engineers and other technicians
- Strong technical skills including attention to detail, accuracy, and completeness
- Computer skills including AutoCAD
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- A flexible working style and willingness to modify personal schedules when required to meet deadlines and client needs
- Must be legally authorized to work in the country without the need for sponsorship
- Acceptable driving record
- More than 5 years of experience in heavy industrial facility layout and design
- Familiarity with computer software packages such as word processing, spreadsheet, Civil 3D, CADWorx, or structural design software packages
- Experience and working background with projects involving industrial processing equipment, equipment supports, access platforms, conveying equipment, air handling equipment, stacks, and other industrial equipment
Barr Engineering Co. reserves the right to consider other legitimate, non-discriminatory factors, that are not specifically listed.
We require proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Barr Engineering Company strives to make www.barr.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance with completing the application process, please call 952-832-2600, or toll free at 800-632-2277.
Barr is an EEO/AA firm.
Barr Engineering - 9 months ago
Barr provides engineering and environmental consulting services to clients across the Midwest, throughout the Americas, and around the...