We are looking for an extraordinary and dynamic engineering director to run the engineering operations at Bidgely. You must have managed teams delivering big data cloud based analytics platform products, have working hand-on knowledge of dealing with complicated data analytics experiments in a methodical and data driven scientific way.
Bidgely is a disruptive technology startup building an innovative energy monitoring solution that will radically change consumer perspective on energy efficiency. We have taken up the challenge to bring huge energy savings to the world and ring in a new green tomorrow. We are funded by one of the top cleantech VCs in the Silicon Valley.
- Serve as a key member of the management team that sets the company’s strategic direction.
- Develop strategic planning for the direction and control of product development activities.
- Formulate long-term objectives and standards of performance for the department.
- Assure that department achieves objectives and project completion within budget and time frame.
- Be a student of current industry trends, ensuring that the company maintains and expands its technology leadership position.
- Motivate staff and provide technical direction and guidance, as well as hands-on project management, recognizing the role as that of both manager and support resource / mentor.
- Assure that product is designed for specific needs, but with wider applications in mind.
- Hire and direct staff of senior group members to acquire necessary resources to meet scheduled commitments.
- Ensure implementation and refinement as required of formal process to support the product development process.
- Ensure that product development is focused on meeting and exceeding the customer requirements.
- Education: Minimum BSEE, MSEE / PhD strongly preferred
- Experience: 10+ years of industry engineering experience, with at least 5 years in a management position.
- Demonstrated team building and leadership skills.
- “Out of the box thinker” must be key driver contributing to the products roadmap and willing to take innovative product risk while balancing the road map for on time deliverables.
- Competent in software design.
- Manage diverse, simultaneous projects of varying complexities.
- Strong relationship management, strategy development, project management, problem solving and change management skills.
- Professional and positive approach, self motivated, strong in building relationships, team player, dynamic, creative with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Business related computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Experience in any of the following - Big Data, Cloud, Analytics, Energy a plus
- Prior Startup experience a plus
Indeed - 17 months ago
Who We Are
Bidgely (which means "electricity" in Hindi) is a highly energetic and innovative startup working on something that...