The Engineering Department is responsible for capital and expense project engineering. Specifically, the department designs, specifies, procures, and manages the installation of equipment throughout the entire mill to maintain and / or improve the mill operations.
Actual responsibilities assigned will vary depending on the skills and qualifications of the person in the job and the evolving needs of the department. However, the initial responsibilities expected of this position include the following:
- Consistently monitor usage of Personal Protective Equipment by self and others and take corrective action to ensure proper usage when necessary.
- Create and / or update drawings in AutoCAD.
- Design mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation systems.
- Specify and order mechanical components, electrical controls, automation components, and instrumentation devices.
- Manage small Capital projects.
- Interface and work closely with engineering, operations, and maintenance personnel, as well as outside vendors and equipment manufacturers.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as requested.
Required Prior Accomplishments - Experience - Skills:
- Computer skills – basic Microsoft software skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- AutoCAD software.
Education / Experience Requirements
Please apply online at www.appletonideas.com . No phone calls please. All offers of employment are contingent on a pre-employment physical and drug and alcohol screen. Appleton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Enrolled in mechanical, electro-mechanical or electrical engineering, or engineering technology program. Preferably have completed at least one year of study.
- Industrial manufacturing facility experience and knowledge preferred. Paper mill experience would be excellent.
Appleton creates product solutions through its development and use of coating formulations and applications, and encapsulation technology....