The Wilson Tool internship program provides an opportunity for machinist and engineering students to obtain valuable, applicable work experience while pursuing their education. Students that are accepted into the internship program work part time in a manufacturing job rotation. Upon graduation students have the opportunity to apply for full time positions, if available. Interns are eligible for tuition reimbursement by obtaining a B or higher in their coursework.
INTERNSHIP AVAILABLE: ENGINEERING INTERN
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primary project will be conducting experiments with laser heat treat
o Junior or Senior status preferred
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Must be enrolled in an engineering 4 year degree program at an accredited college
- Knowledge or experience of Solid Works required
- Understanding or experience in design of experiments preferred
- Understanding of metallurgy (heat treating) preferred
- Must be able to understand directions in written, oral or diagram form.
- Must be able to apply skills learned in the classroom to situations in the workplace.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Motivation - Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
- Communication - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and writing clearly and concisely.
- Team Player - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals and work well in a team environment. Ability to recognize and show consideration for others.
- Problem Solving/Innovative - Ability to find a creative solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
Flexible scheduling based on course load and schedule.
Starting pay is $10.50 - $13.50 per hour, depends on qualifications
Tuition reimbursement available up to $5,250 per calendar year
Wilson Tool International - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard