We want to attract and retain the best talent in the industry. To meet this goal, we are creating a workplace where our employees are top priority. Come join our team as a Engineering Internship Tulsa at our Tulsa, OK location.
SUMMARY: Reports to Engineering Project Manager. This internship will allow candidate to participate as a valuable member of the MarkWest Engineering Team by working directly with the engineering staff to review, design, develop and implement projects associated with natural gas operations, including: natural gas compression, transportation, treating and processing. Performs all work in compliance with company standards, procedures, and government requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Participate as a multidisciplinary engineering team member
- Calculate compressor heat loads
- Compute maximum allowable operating pressures for natural gas pipelines
- Develop scope of work for multiple projects
- Maintain current inventory of all compressors and major processing equipment
- Evaluate sizing of various processing equipment and vessels
- Learn proper methods for sizing relief valves
- Conduct research on processing plant flare system’s to determine relief capacity
- Utilize Aspen HYSYS to model natural gas pipeline and processing plant operations
- Perform facility “walk down” to red-line P&IDs
- Chemical or Mechanical Engineering major preferred, may consider other engineering discipline
- Junior or Senior preferred
- Able to work independently or in multi-functional/multi-level teams
- Effective written and oral communication, multi-tasking, innovative thinking, data analysis, and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project preferred, familiarity with HYSYS, AutoCAD recommended.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Working Environment :
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions and with flammable liquids. The employee frequently works in high, precarious places and exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, acidic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Materials and Equipment Used:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly use hand tools, computers, phone, fax, copier, map printer/plotter and analytical electronic devices, buried pipe line locators and operate a motor vehicle.
MarkWest Energy Partners, L.P. is a master limited partnership engaged in the gathering, transportation, and processing of natural gas; the transportation, fractionation, marketing, and storage of natural gas liquids; and the gathering and transportation of crude oil. MarkWest has extensive natural gas gathering, processing, and transmission operations in the southwest, GulfCoast, and northeast regions of the United States, including the Marcellus Shale, and is the largest natural gas processor in the Appalachian region.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work for the position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. All job descriptions are subject to change. Job functions and/or responsibilities can be amended at any time at management discretion.
MarkWest Energy Partners - 11 months ago