This position provides second level electrical and controls support to ensure effective plant production. Plan and execute process improvement initiatives that require modifications of controls hardware and software for SCADA/HMI and PLC. Expected to implement and execute the electrical and controls portion of process improvement initiatives and capital projects. Manages existing equipment automation and manages automation changes on new and existing equipment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1.Provides controls and automation support for the entire plant. Program new or modify existing PLC and HMI codes.
2.Uses knowledge of controls sequences of operations for plant processes. Able to demonstrate IT knowledge and is proficient with networking protocol and requirements when applicable to controls and automation (i.e. Profibus, DeviceNet, DH+, Ethernet, ControlNet).
3.Responsible for maintaining and updating as-built electrical, controls, and process drawings. Update and maintain control system documentation and change control procedures.
4.Validate and/or update programming to support equipment, corrective maintenance or equipment changes.
5.Provide process controls support to hourly Controls Electricians as well as off-hours support of the plant.
6.Train team technicians in the areas of problem-solving and troubleshooting.
7.Support current technology through the development and maintenance of user documents and/or technical manuals.
8.Support the identification and implementation of capital projects designed to upgrade plant infrastructure and improve overall facility performance, as well as reduce variable costs.
Decision-Making Authority/Accountability Level:
Under general supervision of the Controls Automation Engineer, the Controls Technician provides programming and tactical support to the Engineering Department. This position is expected to execute key deliverables which will mostly be outlined by the manager and the department manager in support of the manufacturing processes.
Minimum Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
- Experience in similar roles and responsibilities preferred.
- Strong electrical and controls skills; background with 120V and 480V systems preferred
- Must have working/calibration experience with process instrumentation such as RTD, flow meters, control valves, conductivity sensors, etc.
- Familiar with process controls and packaging automation in a GMP, food/beverage environment.
- Experience with SCADA/HMI software such as Intellution FIX32, iFIX, Panelbuilder 32, RSView ME, Zenon.
- Troubleshoot and maintain Ethernet, Allen-Bradley Remote I/O and DeviceNet communication networks.
- Install and maintain servo controllers, transmitters, and sensors.
- Perform computer aided-design and drafting tasks implementing AutoCAD (or equivalent).
- Read electrical schematics, Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s) and Process Flow Diagrams (PFD’s)
- Perform PID Loop tuning and implement instrument calibration procedures.
Compensation and benefits are high on everyone's priority list, so it’s high on our list too. That’s why Ocean Spray provides competitive salaries and a wide variety of benefits - including programs that protect your health and welfare, help you prepare for retirement and truly enable you to balance your work and family life.
Ocean Spray is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AAP/M/F/V/D.
Ocean Spray - 11 months ago
Ocean Spray Cranberries has transformed that ubiquitous Thanksgiving side dish into a big business with beverages, cereals, and snacks....