Under the direction of the Engineering Manager, Lab Manager or designate; provides product evaluation and supporting information for specified projects. Maintains lab equipment and is responsible for all procedures in the lab facility. At all times conducts business in accordance with company practices & policies in order to promote Phillips & Temro Industries’ public image.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Maintains Engineering lab area and ensures test equipment is in good functional order including calibration when necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining lab facilities ensuring all safety regulations & policies are adhered to.
- Analyze and define methods and processes for evaluating new and existing products. Perform tests per specified directions and or procedures. Assists Development Engineering staff with testing as requested including validation testing. Conducts lab testing.
- Reports and documents test results as specified.
- Fabricate prototypes and test equipment as required. Assist Development Engineering staff in the selection, acquisition and set-up of new test equipment. (new product and ideas-how often)
- Assists in the development and implementation of test standards, Maintains documentation system for test standards.
- Ensures company quality system procedures are followed as they related to specific job function.
- Maintains adequate levels of technical proficiency in subjects relevant to their scope of work.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as required.
- Print reading and interpretation
- Basic electrical
- Diesel engine operation
- Operation of vibration equipment
- Microsoft Office tools
REQUIRED: 2 year Engineering Technology Diploma from a recognized technical school or college OR 5 years technical experience within an engineering environment.
2 years technical experience within an engineering environment. The ability to interpret engineering drawings. The ability to understand, execute and document tests. Experience operating vibration shaker testing equipment and environmental chambers. Comfortable using hand and power tools to fabricate test fixtures and equipment.
DESIRED: Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Degree from an accredited college or university. Additional courses in test analysis. Strong computer skills. Documentation Training.
3 years of related work experience in product testing within a lab environment. Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in documentation and procedural reporting. Strong analytical skills. Experience with electrical circuit troubleshooting. Experience with diesel engines and preparing these engines for testing.
Phillips & Temro Industries - 20 months ago