Chase is a leader in the financial services industry, providing banking, mortgages, credit cards, loans, payment processing and investment services to 50 million customers - 1 out of every 6 Americans. As a division of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), we:
serve 21 million households with consumer banking relationships
lent $17 billion to small businesses in 2011
are one of the nation's largest credit card issuers, with more than 64 million credit cards in circulation
service 8 million mortgage and home equity loans
While we operate across a broad range of businesses, our mission at Chase is quite simple: to be the industry leader in customer service. Our employees put the firm's resources to work every day for our customers.
Chase offers a dynamic environment and the training and support to meet your full potential. Our company is widely recognized as a great place to work, to grow and to invest for the future. Join our team.
As a Engineer Lead, you will be an experienced leader who manages a team of veteran technologists responsible for guiding the full lifecycle of Teradata, ETL, and BI and related technology solutions, including requirements analysis, platform selection and technical architecture design. We are seeking a candidate with a broad set of technology skills to lead a team responsible for designing and building robust solutions for big data problems and learning quickly as the platform grows. The infrastructure solutions architecture and engineering team interacts with the data management application development teams as well as the business aligned application architecture teams to understand the business requirements and drive infrastructure solutions which efficiently meet the needs of the business.
- Experienced manager of dynamic high performing team responsible for infrastructure design, advanced budgets and forecasting, as well as being a leader of organizational, operational and/or technological change.
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring less experienced team members.
- Responsible for building and maintaining effective relationships with our central technology teams, including but not limited to data center operations, build teams, and operations teams.
- Knowledge of Teradata’s solutions including Teradata RDBMS, Teradata hardware platforms, Active Data Warehouse, Dual Active and related solution offerings.
- Experience in producing high level and detailed solution design, including multi-environment configurations and DR options.
- Full lifecycle experience, requirements gathering through production deployment, in all aspects of Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse including ETL, data modeling, analytics, and reporting.
- Experience with all aspects of the system implementation including gathering requirements, designing the future state solution, and capacity planning.
- Be able to clearly articulate pros and cons of various technologies and platforms
- Be able to help program and project managers in the design, planning, and governance of implementing projects of any kind.
- Be able to perform detailed analysis of business problems and technical environments and use this in designing the solution.
- Willingness to learn and implement new Big Data technologies as needed.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced agile development environment.
- Innovate and recommend ways in which the business can apply data to business problems.
- Provide strategic direction, evaluation recommendation of Big Data products
- Developing capacity plans for new and existing systems.
Minimum 10-15+ years of IT experience in progressive roles
Bachelors of Science in a related degree
Communication skills adaptable to broad range of audiences.
Large scale systems experience
3-5 years experience managing a team responsible for solutions engineering or architecture.
Experience with some of the following, implementing ETL applications, implementing reporting solutions, administration of relational databases, data migration from existing stores, infrastructure storage and design, or Experience with non-SQL big data frameworks such as Hadoop, Pig, and Hive.
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
US-DE-Newark-Iron Hill - Cole House Buildin / 58786
US-NJ-Jersey City, US-OH-Columbus
CONSUMER & COMMUNITY BANKING
Yes, 25 % of the Time
JPMorgan Chase - 5 months ago
At JPMorgan Chase, the work we do matters. All of us are committed to putting our resources and our voices to work every day for our...