Kelly Engineering Resources
Engineering Manager (Mechanical Group)
Ready for Success Every day, Kelly Engineering Resources (KER) connects engineering professionals with opportunities to advance their careers. We currently have an exciting direct hire opportunity for a Mechanical Group Manager in Duluth, MN.
Under general direction of the Executive Vice President, Engineering Managers at our firm are responsible for the management of assigned staff and associated projects. Engineering managers work closely with other department, group and market managers to ensure the delivery of quality engineering solutions to our clients. In addition to providing oversight to engineers and engineering technicians, the Mechanical Engineering Manager will be responsible for the allocation of resources and acquisition of external resources to ensure the timely completion of project deliverables. Apply today Responsibilities: - Manages and coordinates the planning, development, design, and/or preparation of studies, reports, plans, specifications, cost estimates and other related documentation for bulk material handling, mechanical engineering or related projects.
Education and experience:
- Manages the development of proposals, preliminary designs, released for construction design packages, and all required calculations for mechanical designs that include material handling, mining, heavy and light industrial projects.
- Manages the monitoring and inspection of construction of mechanical engineering projects.
- Signs and seals plans when necessary, and reviews plans prepared by others for approval.
- Develops, establishes, implements and monitors departmental revenue and expense metrics to meet company-wide projections and goals.
- Manages all personnel-related activities within the Mechanical Engineering Department.
- Provides management-level engineering assistance to other departments and divisions.
- Actively participates in all company-wide management-level activities as appropriate.
- Extensive knowledge of mechanical engineering principles, practices and applications.
- Extensive knowledge of principles, methods, equipment and materials used in construction of mechanical engineering projects.
- Extensive knowledge of accepted personnel, supervisory, budgetary, operational and management principles and practices.
- Ability to plan, supervise, manage and personally participate in a wide variety of technical engineering and construction activities.
- Ability to prepare clear and comprehensive proposals and reports, and to recommend and justify budgetary-related funding requests and proposals.
- Ability to manage engineering and construction contracts and contract practices.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with other employees, supervisors, individuals from other organizations, and clients/customers.
Kelly Engineering Resources® puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly® as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly® as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly® to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests. Visit http://www.kellyengineering.com . Kelly Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- BS in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in mechanical engineering management or related engineering management field.
- Minimum 5 years of Experience within a heavy industry.
- Must be a Licensed or Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Minnesota and/or Wisconsin, or have the ability to obtain same within one year of employment.
- Must have a valid drivers license along with a clean driving record. For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button, or refer a friend by clicking the E-mail this job link provided. About Kelly Engineering Resources
About Kelly Services ®
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly ® offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class
staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provides employment to more than 560,000 employees annually.
Revenue in 2012 was $5.5 billion.
[Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on
Facebook , LinkedIn , and Twitter .
Download The Talent Project , a free iPad app by Kelly Services.]
Since employing its first engineer in 1965, the Kelly engineering specialty has grown to be recognized as a leading provider of engineering resources to customers in such industries as automotive, chemical, defense, electronics, energy, medical device and pharmaceutical.
Want More Information?
Visit kellyservices.com/global/engineering ]]
Kelly Services - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Kelly Services, Inc. (Kelly) is a global temporary staffing provider operating in 36 countries and territories throughout the world. The...