Barnes Group Inc.- Barnes Aeropace Phoenix, AZ division has an e xciting career opportunity available for a dynamic individual to join the leadership team as the Engineering Manager. This position is responsible for planning, organizing, and completing the development of all new products introduced into the Division. The deliverables will be to ensure milestones, budgets, and technical commitments are met in accordance with the expectations of the customer, the operations team, and the business development group. This position will also be responsible for leading special engineering or shop projects which enable us to maintain our leading edge in manufacturing competitiveness.
If you are a career minded, proactive and collaborative leader with a track-record of results, and enjoy working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, you are encouraged to submit your name and credentials for further consideration.
Corporate Values: Integrity, Empowerment, Emotional Intelligence, Collaboration, Competitiveness, Continuous Improvement, Workplace Fairness, and Globalization.
- Oversee all new product introduction engineering activities to ensure that milestones, budgets, and technical customer’s expectations are met.
- Plan, organize, and direct the activities of the engineering staff ensuring they provide the necessary technical support to sales, manufacturing, and quality to achieve division objectives.
- Ensure that all manufacturing special processes (welding, heat treat, brazing, vacuum furnace, etc.) and tooling conform to customer, organizational, and governmental standards.
- Direct the development of new manufacturing processes and the revision of existing processes to facilitate the improved manufacturing of parts.
- Provide technical support to all customers on engineering issues.
- Develop, coach and mentor team of engineers to ensure the highest level of performance and standards of excellence.
- Manages by way of Leadership Effectiveness (EI). Recognizes his/her emotions and that of his/her team and develops actions to motivate, inspire and direct in a more effective manner.
- Coordinate the development of tooling and N/C programs to support the processing of parts.
- Three to five years of supervisory experience. Demonstrated leadership effectiveness (Emotional Intelligence). Must be an effective change leader; balances consistency with flexibility and willing to change ideas in the face of new information.
- Understanding of lean principles and techniques required. Six Sigma Black Belt certification preferred
- Seeks ideas for continuous improvement and change; suggests and encourages innovative ideas for products and processes.
- The successful candidate must be highly professional and ethical, with unquestioned integrity.
- Excellent communication skills required and ability to communicate change(s) effectively. Has the ability to influence, build commitment and overcome resistance to drive change initiatives.
- Knowledge of financial modeling (Revenue stream vs. product costs vs. capital costs)
- Bachelors Degree in engineering required. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Five plus years of aerospace industry engineering experience preferred with a process engineering background in basic manufacturing operations including machining, forming, welding, brazing, and heat treat
Barnes Group Inc. (Barnes Group) is an international aerospace and industrial components manufacturer and logistical services company...