Bose Automotive Systems Division produces some of the best OEM audio systems in the world in everything from ultra-high performance sports cars to the latest environmentally friendly vehicles. These systems are highly integrated into the automobile and deliver incredible life-like sound and leading edge active sound management to deliver the best possible overall acoustic in-vehicle experience. Bose Corporation is currently seeking an Engineering Manager to lead a team of engineers and designers in the development of speaker and amplifier assemblies for our audio systems.
Based in our Bloomfield Hills, MI office, the Engineering Manager is responsible for all product design and development of the components that make up a Bose audio system. Experience in the automotive industry as a Tier 1 supplier delivering components from concept to production is required. The right candidate will be process-oriented and results driven to oversee the resources required to create, validate, and launch successful elements of the Bose audio system. This includes evaluation and oversight of supplier partners that are essential to meet cost, quality and timing objectives for our programs. Collaboration with global customers, Bose management, and suppliers will be essential for success.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead engineers and designers in the development of speakers and amplifier following Bose processes and best practices ensuring compliance to Bose and customer requirements
- Establish initial development schedules and labor estimates for new programs.
- Manage the daily operating activities of the department, providing technical guidance, performance appraisals, mentoring, etc
- Provide feedback on project plans and challenges to enable teams to achieve objectives
- Ownership for the technical quality, functional completeness, and on-time delivery of all pre-production customer deliveries (CAD files, drawings, parts)
- Assist in establishment of the company's long-range product development goals and objectives
- Resource planning and organizational development
- Performance Management for employee assessment and development
- Monitor current industry, supplier, and technology advancements to ensure company's products remain marketable and competitive Skills o This role will focus primarily on mechanical design and development, therefore, a Mechanical Engineer background is preferred.
- 3 years’ experience in management position leading highly technical team is preferred
- Experience at Tier 1 supplier delivering complex assemblies in the automotive industry
- Proven track record as a project engineer interpreting requirements, meeting customer milestones, interpreting engineering data for decision making, and leading design/development teams through design, validation and launch of new components
- Strong customer interface skills and proven ability to meet demanding schedules
- Experience with process development and deployment
- Knowledge of APQP and PPAP requirements including DFMEA, PFMEA, Control Plans, Validation reporting, Dimensional/Functional Performance, etc.
- Advanced problem solving experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong initiative and self-motivation to work in a dynamic environment interfacing with multiple development sites and regions
- Availability to travel within the US and internationally to Bose and customer facilities (up to 20%)
Bose - 19 months ago
Bose has been making noise in the audio products business for some time. The company is one of the world's leading makers of speakers...