Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defence systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defence systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is seeking an
in San Diego, CA. The Engineering Manager oversees engineering support functions for a segment of the company’s RF/Microwave engineers. Provide technical expertise and support for RF/Microwave modules, subsystems and systems for new and existing products; evaluate final results of design and test to assure accomplishment of technical objectives; ensure proper documentation to the appropriate functional areas; provide training to the engineering staff in RF/Microwave design, analysis and packaging; select and evaluate engineering personnel to ensure efficient operations of the engineering department. This position is located in San Diego, CA. No relocation available.
- Oversee the supervision of engineering personnel, which includes selection, work allocation, training, development and problem resolution; evaluate performance and make recommendations for personnel actions; motivate, coach and mentor employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Collaborate with Marketing & Business Development activities, such as quotes, proposals, business meetings; participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of policies, objectives, short-and long-range planning; develop and implement projects and programs to assist in accomplishment of established goals.
- Coordinate resource requirements with project teams and other departments.
- Work together with team leaders and engineers to plan and execute projects, ensure that teams have appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, and resources to deliver products effectively by establishing realistic estimates for timelines while ensuring that projects remain on target to meet deadlines.
- Track and report the status of projects on various teams, acting as a gateway through which work should be assigned to appropriate teams while ensuring that project scope is adequately defined.
- Participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of policies, objectives, short-and long-range planning; develop and implement projects and programs to assist in accomplishment of established goals.
- Develop, track and report visual metrics, including KPI’s for area; react to metrics by identifying and solving problems, making improvements and advancing process control.
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career.
- Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices; maintain a clean and safe workstation.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population (M/F/D/V). See all of our latest opportunities at
- Minimum of six years of related experience in RF/Microwave engineering, including RF/Microwave design experience.
- Experience in people management, including experience with periodic reviews; this could include managing a project team or product lines.
- Completed Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering; preferably Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with RF/Microwave simulation design suites; these could include AWR Microwave Office, HFSS, Sonnet, etc. experience with layout tools such as Mentor Graphics PADS Logic, AutoCAD2000, SolidWorks, Cosmos Works, Flo Works and MathCAD.
- Exposure to a networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface using Microsoft office suite; ability to use Enterprise-wide information systems such as SAP.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
- This position is located in San Diego, CA and no relocation is available therefore the candidate must be either located local to San Diego or be willing to relocate themselves to San Diego.
or follow us on LinkedIn.
Engineering - General
Cobham Microwave Electronics San Diego
Cobham - 8 months ago
In the aerospace and defense industries Cobham is all over the map. Serving customers in more than a hundred countries, Cobham provides...