Greetings to our new direct placement applicants from GTA.
GTA has been selected by several domestic and foreign automotive OEM’s, multi-billion dollar automotive Tier 1 suppliers and a diverse mix of Tier II automotive suppliers to fill many of their current employment staffing needs.
Under the terms of our supply agreements, we cannot divulge the name of our clients until such time that you are picked for an interview, but we will share ALL company data with you as quickly as you are selected for an interview. Through the use of internet search tools, applicants can likely figure out who our customers are in some cases, as they may have the positions posted on their websites as well as having given them to us. Many firms do this as a tracking mechanism to gage their website volume. However, we would urge you to please apply through GTA as we can guarantee that your resume gets put in front of a hiring manager – and our efforts are all at no cost to you.
IF you apply on line to a customer, your name gets logged into their computer system and then when we submit you, it comes back to us rejected as a duplicate - and there is no guarantee that your online submittal gets reviewed in a timely manner - or at all. It is simply a function of how many human and software resources they have or don’t have to review hundreds of online submittals. That is why firms engage outside staffing suppliers such as GTA in order to help them through the maze of applicants. Stick with GTA and we will get your resume in front of those who can decide. That would include the HR or Recruiting Manager – and more importantly, the hiring manager.
Thank you very much in advance for submitting your resume. When you do submit your resume, there is a section marked “Message”. Please add your answers to our candidate pre-screening questions in this section when you apply. You will find the pre-screening questions at the bottom of the job description.
We will get back to you as soon as the customer provides feedback. Thank you for choosing GTA as your job search partner.
Title: Engineering Manager (13-00240)
Location: Southfield, MI
Base Compensation: Competitive with the industry
Travel: Up to 20%
Type of hire: Direct
- Ideal candidate will have knowledge of injection mold design, construction, and cost drivers and part design / manufacturing feasibility experience.
- Must have the ability to work and travel to other plant locations and supplier locations.
- Must have negotiating skills (the position involves reviewing and establishing tool costs with suppliers and OEM cost analyst).
- Must be able to work independently of direct supervision, especially when away from the office.
- Must be able to work as a member of the launch team, and be proficient at working with all levels of the organization, while maintain a sense of individual accountability and responsibility.
- Manage all activities related to the design, construction, budget and timing of injection molds used for new program and product launches
- Provide design direction to our customer and/or OEM product engineers to assure molding and manufacturing feasibility for all new products being launched
- Support and participate in the product launch and PPAP / PSW process
- Support of our customer and OEM design engineers to assure molding and manufacturing feasibility of the product design being released
- Quoting, sourcing and management of injection molds to meet program management timing and cost objectives
- Specify mold design and construction to meet all cost card objectives (press size, cycle time, part appearance)
- Champion the pre-production tool sample and approval process to assure prompt PPAP of the molds and parts
- 5 years minimum experience in launching injection molds for interior trim / automotive components
- Good time management and program management skills (written communication, budget / cost controls, priority management)
- Ability to resolve issues quickly and to recognize and resolve threats to program objections
1. Please list any related past experiences you may have in these fields.
a. Program Management
b. Project Management
c. Resource Management
2. What size teams have you led as a manager before? How many programs were involved and what were your main responsibilities
3. On a scale from 1-10, 10 being extremely knowledgeable, please rate your understanding in automotive specific engineering process
4. Which components have you had the most experience with
5. Please share with us which functions in a plant that you have had responsibility for
6. Please provide details of any specific achievement(s) that you would like to highlight from your career that would make you a great fit for this position?
7. Are you currently working? If not, when was your last day of employment?
8. Can you please list why you left or why you are looking to leave your most recent employer?
9. Can you list why you left each of your past employers, please?
10. Do you have any gaps in your employment longer than 3 months? If so can you explain these gaps?
11. What is your current / last salary?
12. What is your “acceptable” and “ideal” base compensation for this position? We would like to make sure we don’t price you out of consideration, but you know what the numbers are that you need (Please Do Not put negotiable)
13. When would you be available to interview and start this position, if selected?
14. If you currently do not live near the job location and the commute is too far for you, are you willing and able to relocate at your own expense?
15. Are you able to work in the U.S. without need for a Visa, other than a TN Visa for Canadian citizens?
GTA has recently come under the umbrella of TeleGuam Holdings, LLC. This company was formed in order to bring state-of-the-art-telecom...