Role & Responsibilities:
Primarily during Pursuit Phase:
- Lead VPDS gateways and Technical Design Review process
- Build strong relationships with customer product development team, support appropriate Company and Customer meetings and launch requirements
Primarily during the Development Phase:
- Develop technical/product solutions that meet or exceed customer and Company manufacturing specifications and requirements
- Develop technical risk and opportunity analysis for quotations, to be available for VPDS Gate 1 review
- Provide quotation documentation (specifications, technical data, illustrations etc.) for make and buy components/systems to Purchasing and Program Management during the quotation phase
- Input quotation process by helping to develop costs and clear deliverables that will be the basis for the technical contract with the customer (including risk analysis, prototype costs, purchased services and design and product validation costs)
- Apply VPDS, Interior PD Toolkit deliverables, Design Guidelines and Core team recommendations
- Ensure that all parts are released into the appropriate Company and potentially customer BOM system accurately and on time.
- Lead program specific product specifications from Company generic specifications to meet the overall customer requirements. If generic specifications do not exist, generate new specifications
- Ensure technical/product solutions are feasible, meeting cost, weight and performance targets
- Work closely with Validation & CAE team to maximize use of virtual development
- Review suppliers' technical proposal on request of Supplier Project Engineer (formally STA)
- Work with Purchase and Supplier Project Engineer to ensure purchased components or subsystems meet the product performance specifications and requirements. Ensure maximum use of FSS.
- Perform and regularly update for all design changes Design FMEAS and risk assessments, participate in Process FMEAS
- Ensure critical and significant characteristics are defined for system, subsystem and component level
- Monitor timely delivery of prototypes for development and design validation testing, use mock ups and development parts to confirm design changes where applicable
- Ensure design concept and product validation meet customer specifications and requirements
- Ensure drawing release key milestones are met with validated concepts and robust product definitions
- Monitor quality of CAD deliverables to meet customer requirements (data quality and on time delivery)
- Lead Craftsmanship development to meet customer specifications and requirements
- Conduct tolerance studies and review production tooling studies to ensure compliance to functional and craftsmanship targets
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the U.S., and able to pass background investigation through reference checking and drug test. Please submit resume as a Word attachment and include salary history and geographic flexibility with your submission. Refer to Job Code in subject of email.
- BSc/MSc In ME or in the relevant discipline
- A minimum of 6+ years' experience interiors, other form closely related field can be considered
- Good communication ability in English, German and other Euro languages are desirable
- People management (leading virtual team)
- Relevant multi-cultural experience
- Knowledge of general business processes and customs within Asia, Europe and the United States.
- Drug and Background Check Required.
Established in 1997, PGK Engineering specializes in product design engineering and development, full program management and placement...