Spirent Communications is where the world’s leading communications companies turn when they need to accelerate their time-to-market for next-generation communication systems. In fact, every significant industry test in the last six years has used Spirent's test systems as the benchmark. We are continually recognized by customers, industry, press, and technology associations for our innovative thinking and our ground-breaking products. The communications market has untapped potential. The boundaries of how fast, far, and accurately voice and data can be transmitted have yet to be reached, or even defined. Spirent solutions are paving the way for tomorrow’s communications.
The atmosphere at Spirent is innovative, creative, and technically challenging. We are always looking for new employees with exceptional abilities, vision, and commitment levels to join our team.
If you want to work with truly bright and motivated people—and be a part of an industry-leading company that's helping to revolutionize communications technologies—this is your opportunity. Our focus on employee satisfaction stems from a core belief that market-leading products start with one thing: market-leading people. At Spirent, we offer more than jobs, we offer unique career opportunities. We can do this because we are large enough to encompass a breadth of possibilities, while being small enough for you to be noticed and recognized. Are you innovative enough to work at Spirent?
The successful candidate will be part of a team developing application software for automating Spirent's 8100 LTE Mobile Device Test System. The position involves personnel management of the Product Development team responsible for the development of test cases using Microsoft Windows and Linux based application software. This also includes the integration of hardware and software. The successful candidate will manage the team responsible for implementation of new products as well as enhancements to existing products and have leadership responsibilities.
Major Responsibilities include:
1) Coordinate all activities necessary to complete one or more engineering projects.
2) Function as a hands on product developer (player), when appropriate, in addition to coordinating (coach) the project.
3) Oversee design work & design methodology for development projects.
4) Create the High Level Design Specification and the Detail Design Specification with input from both the Product Team Lead and the Product Manager.
5) Create product definition or provide technical input to the Product Team Lead concerning the product definition.
6) Provide technical leadership and motivation to team members.
7) Interface with customers on key technical issues. (May visit customers when there are significant technical issues or to get feedback on product lines).
8) Serve as “point person” for Product Development organization regarding current engineering issues on product plus determine magnitude of issue and delegating the work as necessary. This may include bugs, obsolete parts, test issues etc.
9) Establish and maintain the detailed product development schedule.
10) Conduct product development meetings.
11) Define quarterly objectives for group members.
12) Recruit and train new employees.
*BSEE/BSCE required. MSEE/MSCE desired.
*Minimum 6 years of experience in a similar position in related technologies.
*Experience managing a product development team highly desirable.
*Technical and conversational English speaking and writing required.
*Familiarity with LTE/UMTS/CDMA wireless communication technologies and a high aptitude for both physical layer and protocol layer details related to RF communication networks. In-depth knowledge of L1/L2 procedures and the utilization of them is highly desirable.
*Experience with design verification testing of wireless terminals is desired; experience with script-based network simulators also desired.
*Strong knowledge of structured software design practices desired.
*Motivated, self-starter who likes challenging work.
*Possess strong problem solving skills and team-oriented approach.
*Good organizational skills and attention to detail.