Drive world-class production performance at one of the fastest-growing companies in the Chicago area. As Production and Planning Manager, you will have the opportunity to serve at the nucleus for the production of duraTOUCH®, the world’s most advanced touchscreen for use in extreme environments. This hands-on role is responsible for seamlessly blending customer and production demands in the planning and scheduling of deliverables. High-energy is key as the PPM interfaces nimbly with all factions of the sales and production team to achieve target performance. Bring your strong critical thinking skills, ability to nimbly refocus resources, and your proven production success to a company where motivated individuals thrive in a fast-paced environment!
- Ensure day-to-day that the manufacturing plan and schedule is executed in a manner that meets or exceeds quality, timing and cost objectives.
- Continually improve productivity by maximizing asset utilization and driving down manufacturing costs.
- Determine staffing requirements and develop a strong production team, as you attract, coach, mentor and promote associates to meet demands.
Assume hand’s on responsibility for:
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures.
- Freeze and release of production orders into manufacturing to meet sales forecasts and customer orders based on inventory availability and production line capacity
- Production order material shortages, scrap and yield issues, working with Procurement or Engineering to expedite materials or updates to system to reflect findings
- Evaluation of Production Schedule and MRP for schedule validity
- Adjusting schedules to achieve requirements
- Analysis and interpretation of BOM, material levels, revisions, and specifications to plan manageable manufacturing elements
- Utilizing MRP to drive new product introductions, facilitating and analyzing product phase-ins/phase-outs, identifying parts to become obsolete, standardized, rationalized and requisitioned.
- Originating, structuring and providing systems data for the BOM, item masters and routers for all part numbers needed for documentation data entry.
- Responsible for reviewing and evaluating all document change orders for financial impact, production activities, process flow, part number and usage accuracy, implementation dates and inventory disposition as well as GMP, ISO and FDA compliance requirements.
- Status of released production orders, expediting operations that delay schedules, and alter schedules to meet unforeseen conditions
- Coordinating and communicating with all departments: Manufacturing, Documentation, Engineering, Marketing, Cost Accounting, and Purchasing.
- Continually identifying and implementing ideas that result in a lower cost or higher quality product
- Monitoring, analyzing & reporting performance into schedule of production & production support activities.
- Scheduling, expediting, & coordinating the delivery & movement of critical material, including material transfers & conditional material releases.
- Developing capacity requirements and labor projection plans.
- Reviewing, approving and scheduling non-forecasted engineering and NPI production assembly activity.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Contributing to Monthly Supply S&OP meetings.
- High-energy, highly-motivated self-starter.
- Bachelor’s degree in Production Management, Operations Management, Business, or relevant field.
- Minimum 5 years of production planning experience using advanced MRP system within a manufacturing environment. ERP implementation experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of MRP software; xTuple a plus.
- Advanced understanding of BOM structures, routings, and MRP tools.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Detail oriented with exceptional time management and multi-tasking ability.
- Proven ability to develop reports and analyze data to initiate problem solving. Must be analytical and data driven in decision making process.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, speaking, coordinating and organizational skills.
- Able to perform well under pressure.
Candidates who do not have the requirements will not be considered for the position
- Team player with ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks and follow-up efforts.
Experience: Mid-Senior level
Functions: Manufacturing, Management
Industries: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, Consumer Electronics, Computer Hardware
UICO, LLC - 15 months ago