Champion Technologies provides solutions for the oil and gas industry like no one else. The reason for our success? Simple. The innovation of our people makes the difference. As one of the largest global oilfield chemical providers, Champion Technologies is helping shape its industry, and helping talented people like you achieve their goal of a productive and rewarding career.
Our talents and capabilities span six continents, but we act as one company. We seek out and use our best practices and systems to deliver consistent results every time. We are driven to be the best - for our customers and the industry. Join us and you will discover your voice, your place, and a world of career opportunities.
Since our founding in 1953, we’ve continually expanded our research & development, manufacturing expertise, and the industry-leading portfolio of products and applications. With regional headquarters and a network of manufacturing facilities around the world, we're everywhere you want to take your career - and wherever our customers need us.
Champion Technologies has an immediate opening for an Engineering Procurement Specialist. In cooperation and support of the Global Supply Chain Engineering and Contracts group, this role is responsible for the contracting and procurement of materials and services for US plant and business unit facilities. In close cooperation with Global Engineering, lead and manage RFQ/RFP process through contractor/supplier award, contract negotiation and finalization. Assist with CAPEX and OPEX material and service contracting efforts to ensure comprehensive and competitive procurement and contracting process in order to maximize value and achieve project completion on time and within budget. Work closely with GSC team to determine and support client needs, identifying solutions and communicating progress to stakeholders.
- Support Global Engineering in all aspects of RFQ, RFI and RFP development and issuance for projects, including review during scope development.
- Work in tandem with Global Engineering and Global Supply Chain staff to develop and implement standard process of bidding and proposal release, contractor/supplier evaluation and award, and general contracting strategies.
- Assist US/Canadian plants and business units with CAPEX and OPEX projects through development and implementation of standard processes and procedures for bidding, RFPs, contractor/supplier evaluation and award.
- Utilize suite of contract templates to ensure operational consistency and compliance with guidelines across the company.
- Ensure proper agreements and documentation are executed prior to the commencement of work.
- Maintain and support a high-level of health, safety and environmental awareness, and provide feedback on contractor performance and lessons learned.
- Ensure project contracting strategies and plans are prepared that result in best value for the project, resulting in projects that are delivered on time and within budget.
- Manage supplier and contractor relationships and provide expertise on selecting the appropriate contractors for particular scope.
- Serve as point of contact for GSC services agreement templates including Master Service and Supply Agreements, Master Engineering Services Agreements, General Terms and Conditions and other template contracting forms. Understand contract terms and conditions in order to propose appropriate form of agreement for the work.
- Recognize and understand contract terms and conditions, and in accordance with company policy, legal requirements and counterparty requests, recommend alternate contract language to address counterparty mark-ups and changes while maintaining appropriate contractual protections for company. Identify potential risks and mitigation strategies and emphasize to management prior to contract execution.
- Assist with Confidentiality Agreements, Supplier pre-qualification, Expression of Interest and Request for Proposal process. Participate in bidder evaluation, negotiations and award of contract.
- Serve as primary point of contact for GSC contracts including routing of contacts for execution, tracking changes; storage and retrieval of executed contracts, etc.
- Coordinate and communicate daily with internal departments on issues related to contract development, administration, contracting information, amendments, insurance requirements and types of contract templates.
- Serve as liaison among Global Supply Chain, Engineering, Operations, Legal and other internal business units to ensure contract requirements are communicated and implemented.
- Communicate best practices concerning GSC contracting strategy, policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or related-field.
- 4+ years of procurement and/or construction experience in oil & gas environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationship with both internal and external customers.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task within a changing environment.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and willing to take a proactive role in issue resolution.
- Willingness to assist others in solving problems and meeting project goals.
- Ability to work within company guidelines and compel others to do the same.
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Bilingual skills a plus (Spanish, French, Portuguese).
- Contract drafting and negotiation skills a plus.
- Familiarity with chemical, industrial, or heavy industry contracting and construction.
- Experience with SAP, issuance of Purchase Orders and account reconciliation.
Champion Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. In order to be considered for this position, you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering questions and providing your eSignature.
Champion Technologies - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Champion Technologies produces specialty chemicals and provides services that help oil and gas companies with productivity. Among its...