Are you ready to change the future? You have the opportunity to join the company that helped establish solar markets around the world and continues to innovate in the renewable energy space. SunPower has facilities in the US, Europe and Asia, and we are seeking talented people to join us in building a clean energy future.
Widely recognized as the world’s standard for solar, SunPower produces the world’s highest efficiency solar products. Our quality and reliability standards far exceed those of any other company in the industry.
SunPower and Total, the global energy producer and provider, have announced a transformational investment by Total in SunPower. The companies have signed a set of strategic agreements to accelerate SunPower’s growth in the increasingly competitive solar sector. Total’s investment is based on SunPower’s leading position in designing, manufacturing and delivering the world’s highest efficiency, highest reliability solar systems with guaranteed performance. These agreements will accelerate SunPower’s growth and further improve its financial strength.
SunPower is committed to the success of our company, our employees and the communities around the world that need us most. We support our employees’ commitment to their communities through a culture of volunteerism, and through The SunPower Foundation, which makes grants to green initiatives throughout the world. As a company, we operate with the highest sustainability standards.
In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than SunPower.
Summary of Role
The position reports to the Vice President of Program Management Office. Your role is to lead cross functional teams in the successful execution of R&D development programs from specification through the production release of PV cells, modules, systems and /or software. [Note: This opening will focus on System level products].
Responsibilities include developing plans, and driving and tracking progress against them; analyzing impact of technical hurdles faced and recommending possible courses of action to take; interfacing with project teams and upper management to provide status updates and to identify and resolve open issues; acting as focal point for engineering and marketing groups to resolve business and technical issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other Related Job Functions:
- Work closely with engineering and NPI Operations team to manage the development process of the specific deliverables expected from their projects.
- Lead/facilitate cross functional teams to ensure project deliverables are met.
- Drive and track development schedules
- Ensure projects are appropriately resourced
- Drive adherence to Stage Gate process
- Interface with customers (internal or external) to provide status updates and resolve open issues
- Interface with various engineering groups within SunPower (cells, modules, systems, software, etc.) to ensure the individual deliverables work together as an integrated product.
- Interface with the various functional groups (Prod Eng, Reliability, Quality, Product Management, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, etc.) to ensure we meet all our commitments (schedule, functionality, cost targets, etc.)
- Interface with external partners (collaboration partners, vendors) with whom we are co-developing or upon whom we are dependent for deliverables
- Perform continuous Risk Management and elevate critical issues/risk appropriately and initiate corrective actions.
- Manage the Change Management Process
- Act as focal point for engineering and marketing groups to resolve issues of a business or technical nature
- Work to identify and address problems in the development process flow in order to drive continual improvement.
RELATED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Provide input to other groups whose charters may be to address issues we uncover
- Improve support for internal customers
- Improve communication within R&D and across SunPower
- 5+ years technical experience in technology company (e.g, Solar technology, semiconductor development, equipment development,etc)
- Detailed knowledge of project management methodology, processes and tools (e.g., MS Project)
- Ability to adopt and execute a structured working methodology
- Fluent verbal and writing language skills in English
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Self motivated and self driving
- Strong Team player; ability to work with remote team members.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
- MS or higher (engineering degree highly preferred), MBA helpful
- 8+ years technical experience in technology company (e.g, Solar technology, semiconductor development, equipment development,etc).
- Experienced with MS Project.
- Knowledge of Lean product development concepts
- Knowledge of TOC methodology a plus
- Proven project/program management experience; hands on experience with all aspects of the project lifecycle, including detailed deliverable development as well as team management at all levels
- Demonstrated leadership skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Position based in Richmond
- Some travel required
It is SunPower’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. SunPower disapproves of, and will not tolerate, unlawful discrimination against any applicant or employee because of race, color, national origin or ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, age, religion, disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal laws. *LI-JM
SunPower Corporation - 18 months ago
Mountain View, CA
- 2 days ago
- 1 day ago
- 2 days ago