Responsible for planning, coordination and completion of software projects. Oversees all aspects of projects with emphasis on timely achievement of program milestones and deliverables to support the overall product strategy. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes project progress with a cross functional product development team. Prepares regular reports for corporate management regarding project status.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with product marketing to clarify business requirements, develop technical product requirements, build product plans within the requirements structure, and negotiate with product marketing which features are targeted for which software release on roadmap.
• Create and maintain program plans and schedules. Manage change process to program plans and drive changes into other plans as dependencies are identified. Direct tasks and activities within the project scope and track progress against plan and program objectives.
• Provide cross functional team leadership to the assigned project resources and managers to execute to the project plan. Support management in communication of strategy and plans and motivate team members to elevate performance.
• Drive program teams to identify, track and resolve issues and problems to effective conclusion through facilitation, management or active coordination of stakeholders.
• Provide regular updates on project state and progress against plan to project team and corporate management. Proactively identify potential project risks and mitigation plans.
• Assure adherence to defined corporate and development processes in all scoped projects. Identify requirements for new processes and methods at both the corporate and engineering level and drive project teams to define and implement improvements and new processes.
Required Knowledge / Experience:
• B.S. degree preferably, in a technical field, or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA or other advanced degree desired.
• 5+ years experience in software development project management. Broad range of experience encompassing hardware/firmware integration, associated software applications and SQA. Knowledge of networked products and RFID a plus.
• Experience with formalized development processes and methodologies (stage-gate) a plus. Formal project management experience required. Agile PPM experience a plus.
• Must be available to work at the HID Global office located in Westminster, CO
• No relocation package is offered for this position