Engineering Program Manager
Position has responsibility for management and coordination of all technical activities on assigned programs. Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates assigned personnel and engineering work; monitors work for compliance to product requirements, applicable standards and accepted engineering practices; ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned programs between all disciplines and all other project participants.
Responsible and accountable to ensure that all assigned personnel are coordinating their activities with other project participants, and that customer requirements are being met. Expected to have sufficient technical knowledge and awareness of details to be able to recognize when technical problems are developing in the various disciplines, and to initiate appropriate corrective actions.
Typical duties will include but not be limited to the preparation of the following:
- Project engineering schedules and forecasts.
- Coordination and prioritization of project resources.
- Coordination and checking of engineering deliverables.
- Monthly project status reports and change orders.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating the technical and management aspects of projects.
- Management of multidisciplinary product development teams including Hardware, Software, RF, Mechanical Regulatory and Systems Engineers.
- Utilization of project management tools and personnel to drive project performance using best practices and techniques (Design Reviews, Program Reviews, ECO processes, Requirements Traceability etc…).
- Accountable for the successful completion of assigned projects.
- Requires extensive regular contact with assigned project clients and partners both internal and external to the company
- Requires exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Assist in the preparation of engineering project proposals including technical definition, schedule estimation and resource planning.
- Participating in client/contractor meetings and resolving client/engineering and management project issues.
- Directly interface with offshore manufacturing personnel to ensure successful completion of Prototype, Pilot and Production needs.
Skills and Special Requirements/Licensing:
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering
- At least 10 years of relevant technical and/or project management experience
- Project Management Professional Certification a plus
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office and Project
- Travel will be required to visit client U.S. business sites and the Linear production facility in Shenzhen, China.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Interested candidates should Email, Mail, or Fax their resume with salary history.
To apply, please send your resume to:
(Word Document Format or Line Text only - include job title in email subject line)
1950 Camino Vida Roble, Suite 150
Carlsbad, CA 92008-6517
Linear LLC - 2 years ago