Directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority over Project Engineers for planning, organization, control, integration, execution of, and completion of engineering projects within area of assigned responsibility. Manages the operational aspects of a scope of a project. Plans and formulates engineering program and organizes project staff according to project requirements. Assigns project personnel to specific phases or aspects of project, such as technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications and technical plans, and product testing, in accordance with engineering disciplines of staff. Creates and maintains all project plans. Coordinates and maintains quality assurance while minimizing possible risks to the project. Oversees review of product design for compliance with engineering principles, organization standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications. Ensures that all the documents needed for a project are complete and kept safe. Tracks and reviews the reports and status of each team member. Anticipates problems and forms remediation plans before the project suffers. Addresses all the issues that need immediate action and attention. Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems. Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications, and drawing releases. Prepares interim and completion project reports. Looks for ways to continually improve the process. Maintains good communication within the team and with other groups involved in the project.
• Manages the design process and development of a product/product family
• Works with co-workers to evaluate and resolve technical feasibility, design optimization, and production issues regarding the assigned product
• Responsible for ensuring that development programs follow department development standards, and that all design material is properly developed, and recorded.
• Partnering with co-workers, managing internal resources, working with other departments consisting of Client Service, Sales, Corporate Communications, and Engineering to develop new marketing material, presentations and to incorporate feedback on the product
• Ensures that labeling and marketing/promotional literature match product specifications
• Manages development, introduction and improvement of the assigned product
• Performs related duties as assigned by the head of Engineering.
• Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or relevent technical field
• Minimum of 10 years experience in engineering
• Project management experience
• Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
• Ability to independently plan and organize one’s own activities
• Travel required (10%)
Doble Engineering - 9 months ago