Engineering Project Manager
LOUD Technologies Inc. is looking for an enthusiastic Engineering Project Manager with desire to learn and grow in the pro-audio industry.
.LOUD Technologies Inc. is one of the world’s largest dedicated pro audio and music products companies. As the corporate parent for world-recognized brands Ampeg®, Blackheart®, Crate®, EAW®, Mackie® and Martin Audio®, LOUD engineers, markets and distributes a wide range of professional audio and musical instrument products worldwide.
Our product lines include so reinforcement systems, analog and digital mixers, guitar and bass amplifiers, and acoustic and electric guitars. These products can be fo in professional and project recording studios, video and broadcast suites, post-production facilities, so reinforcement applications including houses of worship, stadiums, nightclubs, retail locations, and on major musical concert tours.
The Engineering Project Manager reports to the VP Engineering and manages the new product development projects for the Mackie brand within our Digital Mixer team. The ideal candidate is a motivated and charismatic team leader who interacts effectively with engineers, operations, product management, marketing, outside contractors and contract manufacturers to lead projects to completion within time and budget constraints.
Essential Functions and Major Responsibilities:
- Creates and manages development schedules for hardware and software development.
- Estimates project development costs, and tracks and reports team performance against the estimates, budget and schedule.
- Partners with contract manufacturers and ODMs to bring up new hardware and software-enabled products into production.
- Organizes and runs engineering team meetings.
- Drives teams and schedules to important milestones.
- Delivers executive level presentations of development projects.
- Receives weekly general direction about engineering team’s priorities and tasks.
- Works well er pressure to drive and complete projects against aggressive schedules.
- MS Suite (strong Excel), MS Project, Oracle and Agile experience.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Local and international travel to Asia and to other global destinations is required (~4 weeks per year).
LOUD Technologies offers a competitive benefits package to full-time employees including medical, dental, PTO, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending and 401k, plus great extras including great employee product discounts, and live (lunch-time) music during spring and fall.
- BS in a relevant discipline and experience in working within engineering and manufacturing environments. 3-5 years experience in leading engineering projects and in motivating staff. Experience in sourcing electrical components.
Loud Technologies - 21 months ago