We are currently seeking an Engineering Project Manager to be located in our Stanwood, MI location. This role would have primary project management responsibilities in the Guelph, ON; Hope, BC; and Stanwood, MI factories and secondary responsibilities in the Greenwood, IN and Red Boiling Spring, TN factories. The individual in this role will be responsible for providing the leadership and management of multiple small & large corporate projects. Projects will include equipment systems, facility construction, and innovation type projects.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Key qualifications include:
- Conceptual scope development, project briefs, overall program development, define key resource needs
- Development of an execution strategy, cost development, preliminary schedule development, evaluating project and engineering alternatives
- Drive the due diligence process, oversee and authorize RFP and resource procurement and equipment purchases, contractor bidding process, contractor selection, contract negotiation and procurement
- Work with internal & external design groups for all design specifications and drawings
- Develop and implement bid cycle for mechanical, electrical, piping and construction projects
- Supervise installation & contractors
- Assure safe, timely, and quality construction methods and means are followed
- Assure the development and execution of a detailed commissioning plan and start-up process
- Manage the start-up and validation of the project
- Act as main focal point between the corporate engineering team and plant staff
- Provide capital forecasting needs and guidance in detail schedule development
- Manage the budget and cost-track projects
- Coordinate with the plant operations and conduct weekly project meetings
This is a tremendous opportunity! We offer competitive pay based on education, experience, and other qualifications. This position is eligible for bonus and relocation assistance. Nestle Waters North America offers comprehensive benefits including medical, prescription, dental, vision, flex, life, disability, EAP, 401(k) with match, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and more!
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or related field
- 7-15 years project management engineering experience in a high speed consumer packaging industry (Beverage, Food or Pharmaceutical) highly preferred
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills with the ability to reach win-win solutions with internal and external partners
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with a strong ability to build relationships
- Demonstrated success in project management, problem solving, continuous improvement and achieving metrics
- Excellent follow-up skills with a customer focused approach
- Ability to travel 25-40% domestically & internationally to visit plants and vendors/partners
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Word and PowerPoint and experienced analysis capabilities utilizing Excel and Access
- Experience with ERP systems (SAP preferred)
Nestle Waters North America is the nation’s leading bottled water company, offering consumers a variety of portable, calorie-free bottled waters, including Ice Mountain and other natural spring water brands; Nestle Pure Life, a nationally distributed purified bottled water; and international brands, S. Pellegrino, Perrier and Acqua Panna. Most recently, the company has added a refreshing line of ready-to-drink iced teas. Nestle Waters North America is committed to creating shared value for society. It does so through healthy hydration, jobs and benefits to communities where it operates, and environmental stewardship, most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America.
Putting safety and quality first as we deliver the right product, to the right customer, on time, every time is what we do every day in our operations. Our competitive differentiator is our people who make it happen! Our Supply Chain organization is recognized as best in class in safety, quality, production, packaging, labor, warehouse productivity, payload, and order fill rate. We also lead the way in sustainability with the smallest environmental footprint in the beverage category. As we pursue TPM, we expect to further enable our people to drive excellence in all areas.
For company news and information, please visit www.nestlewatersnorthamerica.com . You can find us on Facebook under Nestle Waters North America Careers, on LinkedIn at Nestle Waters North America and Twitter @NestleWatersJob.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Nestlé Waters North America
- 2 years ago - save job
As the nation’s largest bottled water company, Nestlé Waters North America is behind many of the leading domestic and imported...