Engineering Project Manager, Smart Speaker Products
Location: Cambridge, MA or Santa Barbara, CA
For the right individual, Sonos will offer relocation reimbursement to our Cambridge, MA or Santa Barbara, CA offices.
This Engineering Project Manager position at Sonos will be a high-visibility role directing the efforts of all our functional engineering managers and engineers (i.e. wireless, acoustic, software) from concept through production for our next-to-be-conceived smart speaker product. In the past few years Sonos has been growing 60+%, and this person will be enabling our product development team to scale for further aggressive growth. Sonos Product Development houses expertise from the world’s top consumer electronics companies, which will prove both challenging and rewarding.
Our EPMs lead through positive and effective influence. They are responsible for facilitating innovation and pushing the limits of design while: tightly managing resources and schedules, managing product cost, making technical tradeoff decisions, and communicate decisions, issues, risks, and status to the larger Sonos organization. As the project owner, they will be the voice of the development team for the entire company.
This person must be comfortable leading multiple highly technical disciplines in parallel. They will interact with people at all levels throughout the company to pull complex parts together to create new products. They will be the primary technical interface to the Sonos NPI team as well as the teams on-site at our contract manufacturers. This person will have advanced engineering education and expertise in at least 1 or 2 engineering functions plus applicably solid knowledge in all other engineering disciplines. If you love music, solving challenging problems and excel when doing things the right way, we would definitely like to talk with you!
• 15+ years experience in hardware product development and project management
• Driving a complex product from concept through production, leading to $100m+ in sales
• Partnering and driving production with Asian contract manufacturers
• Incomparable drive, energy, and enthusiasm
• Relentless sense of ownership of development schedules, issues and risks
• Driven by delivering superior quality and the best possible user experience
• Strong knowledge of hardware development best practices in several of the following functional areas: digital, analog, RF, mechanical, acoustics
• Know how to turn stressful situations into positive experiences
• Uncompromising team work ethic
• Willing to travel within the US and Asia (sometimes with little notice)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Consumer electronics experience
• Masters in Engineering or Business
• Experience traveling and working in Asia
• Working with remote teams scattered around the globe
• Willing to travel within the USA (between SB and Cambridge)
Sonos, Inc - 20 months ago