Would you like to join a team of experts who are trusted to guarantee the success of OutSystems solutions worldwide?
Engineering Services is an elite group at OutSystems - a highly motivated team with ability to troubleshoot the most complex and cutting edge issues on OutSystems technology for our worldwide customers.
Engineering Services is the key technical resource pool for the company acting as experts on all technical aspects of deploying and operating the Agile Platform in very large and complex environments. These environments range from large cloud installations, virtualized datacenter systems, peta-sized databases, to web applications deployed across the Globe and mission critical systems.
We look for individuals with an excellent capacity to do the job and we evaluate the technical capability and potential or accumulated experience of each candidate for the role.
- Provide prompt and complete resolution to technical challenges and business issues related to the Agile Platform product suite, to Enterprise customers and OutSystems business partners;
- Serve as a Product Expert (PE) and/or Technical Expert (TE), in related functional and technical areas to support key business areas;
- Plan and execute large-scale product deployment, reconfiguration, and technical auditing projects;
- Share best practices with the team to make Customer support better and more efficient;
- Serve as an evangelist, mentor, knowledge resource, and trainer for Customers, Partners and OutSystems’ Employees - share the knowledge;
- Be involved in the design and specification of new product features, contributing to R&D efforts;
- Act as part of the change, route the feedback from customers to Product Management contributing to product quality;
- Advocate for customers and define ways to continually add value to the customer experience;
- Actively design, plan, implement customer support processes, procedures and policies including FAQ analysis, case reviews, and customer feedback analysis.
- Experience with application Servers configuration and management: Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) and ASP.NET, Red Hat JBoss;
- Relational Database administration skills: Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle;
- Experience with Operating Systems administration: Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Linux Server, CentOS;
- Knowledge of communications protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, DNS, SMTP, SSH;
- Experience with SOA architectures, Web Services, XML and object-oriented programming languages.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or Engineering. Academic achievements valued;
- Background in a customer or account management position in the Enterprise Software or related industry is preferred;
- Strong technological background and very good technical and problem solving skills;
- Some Software development experience required. Ability to read, develop, troubleshoot and debug software in C# and Java;
- Detailed, organized, and results oriented;
- Strong English skills, spoken and written;
- Good communication and knowledge transfer skills;
- Good Technical Documentation skills;
- Ability to effectively prioritize and escalate customer issues;
- Ability to organize, estimate, and prioritize project tasks;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision in small technical projects;
- Ability to multi-task and perform effectively under pressure.
Training and Compensation:
- Extra Training (Oracle, Microsoft SQL, virtualization technologies like VMware or AWS Amazon) meaning an investment of +30% comparing with other areas of the company;
- Premium compensation, i.e., premium lump sum added to your base salary just for belonging to this group;
- Extra compensation part of the operational routines (24/7 remote support and US shift).